Future weapons on military channel...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
Some amazing weapons on the horizon for our military. The EMP weapon is scary to think about, especially if terrorists ever get hold of something like this. Basically could shut the country down instantaneously.

It's funny but it's as if we are advertising to our adversaries what we have in store for them.
guns.gif

i watched last week....seems to be that lasers are going to dominate. they had one on a modified 747 and used it to blow up a missile that was traveling faster than i can remember.

I read an article in popular science magazine years ago that talked about an EMP bomb. Scary stuff. Basically a tube of explosives wrapped with electrical wire. Since explosives don't explode, they burn at a fast rate. If an electrical charge (big volts) travels down the wire at the same time as the explosives are set off, you get an EMP effect.

Imagine a large portion of a country without power. Could make for some very dark times (no pun intended).

Chris

I read an article in popular science magazine years ago that talked about an EMP bomb. Scary stuff. Basically a tube of explosives wrapped with electrical wire. Since explosives don't explode, they burn at a fast rate. If an electrical charge (big volts) travels down the wire at the same time as the explosives are set off, you get an EMP effect.

Imagine a large portion of a country without power. Could make for some very dark times (no pun intended).

Chris

Chris

OK, Some of the stuff you saw on the show is stuff I was working on requirements for about 4 years ago. While working for USSOCOM.
thumbs-up.gif

Recorded the shows on Tivo. Good stuff.

So here's something to think about. The NEWEST stuff they have talked about is still a goof 3-5 years old, or older. Can you imagine what some of the latest N greatest stuff can do? The capabilities? Well that's part of what I did while in Tampa and part of what I still do.
thumbs-up.gif

Was some good shows.

thumbs-up.gif

Back