Lust and Sin: Stainless Steel weapons

Warchild

Banned
Pray for me, .oRg brutha's and sista's, for I have sinned badly today. :please: I have brutally sinned against my savings account today!

I have been wanting to upgrade my current 9mm Parabellum to a heavier caliber... like the well-known man-stopper round that is the .45 ACP! :bowdown:

The question was then: which model?

I research high and low, and for some reason, returned again and again to the classic Model 1911-A1 .45 ACP, in Stainless if I could find it. It then came to the question of: which manufacturer?

Sig? Taurus? Ruger? Smith&Wesson? Kimber? As it turns out.... none of these.

I am now the proud (5 Waiting Days) owner of a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 'Long Slide' in Stainless Steel... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Springfield1911A1LongslideStainlessBig.jpg

An awesome weapon! It has a 6" stainless steel barrel that is supposed to deliver phenomenal accuracy. It has ambidextrous safety levers and Cocobolo Hardwood grips. Front and rear low-profile adjustable sights. Both the frame and slide are made from forged stainless steel, with Matte Rounds and Polished Flats.

I can not wait to fire this weapon next weekend! :thumbsup:

Pray for me, .oRg brutha's and sista's, for I have sinned badly today. :please: I have brutally sinned against my savings account today!

I have been wanting to upgrade my current 9mm Parabellum to a heavier caliber... like the well-known man-stopper round that is the .45 ACP! :bowdown:

The question was then: which model?

I research high and low, and for some reason, returned again and again to the classic Model 1911-A1 .45 ACP, in Stainless if I could find it. It then came to the question of: which manufacturer?

Sig? Taurus? Ruger? Smith&Wesson? Kimber? As it turns out.... none of these.

I am now the proud (5 Waiting Days) owner of a Springfield Armory 1911-A1 'Long Slide' in Stainless Steel... :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Springfield1911A1LongslideStainlessBig.jpg

An awesome weapon! It has a 6" stainless steel barrel that is supposed to deliver phenomenal accuracy. It has ambidextrous safety levers and Cocobolo Hardwood grips. Front and rear low-profile adjustable sights. Both the frame and slide are made from forged stainless steel, with Matte Rounds and Polished Flats.

I can not wait to fire this weapon next weekend! :thumbsup:

i really hope you dont plan on that being a carry weapon haha

i woulda gone with a kimber, my current 1911 is a s@w with crimson trace grips, my next 1911 will be either a kimber raptor stainless, or more likely eclipse custom 2 in 10 mm, but nice toy none the less

i woulda gone with a kimber, my current 1911 is a s@w with crimson trace grips, my next 1911 will be either a kimber raptor stainless, or more likely eclipse custom 2 in 10 mm, but nice toy none the less

my buddy just bought a eclipse custom and a sis and i just bought a pro cdp ii talk about amazing guns

i'm not gonna lie, a .45 kimber fat boy double stack has been on my list awhile.

:cheerleader: Gotta love JB's 1911, in so many variations these days...beats stamp collecting:laugh: I have major lust for the little Sig Ultra Nitron currently...

1911-Ultra-Nitron-detail-hero.jpg

very nice...that should provide years of shooting fun :beerchug:

Copycat! Seriously, I've had em all (still got a bunch) and my most favorite is this long barrel Bill Williams .45(Orange County custom builder about 20 years ago). The big barrel reduces the rise, increases range AND accuracy. Congratulations. Doyle

Mag 004.jpg

Mag 005.jpg

Back