Perfect Gen2 Swingarm Length

InfiniteReality

Registered
I know this is opening a can of worms, but through lots of searching online and on sites/forums, I can't seem to figure out what looks the best....

Going 240 route as soon as I figure out the length. Pics I've seen, 6" looks good... but a little longer may look better? Seems like I saw a 9" and looked sick. Trying to find somethign that won't look out of place.

Anyone have any pictures they'd like to share of a side profile and the length?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend. Get what you like and be happy. I like the look of the six inch stretch, but I prefer my own bike be stock.

Thanks for the quick reply!

I should have noted this will be on a GEN2 that I'm picking up this Saturday. Still thinking 4-6"?

I agree. 4" looks perfect! I may end up with 6", need to call the place I'm getting it and a OEM widened rim from and ask since his site states 6-12 stretch. Also need to order it and find out what link chain I will need to buy as well as what length brake cable.

hell, might as well go up 2 teeth on the rear sprocket since it'll all be new anyways and love the +2 on my Gen1 now!

Id go +3 on the rear sprocket with a stock tire. If your 240 is any taller than stock then maybe +4

Man, that's a good point, didn't think about that either. I'll have to get an O.D. of the 240 (probably go Shinko 005's, been running them and like 'em).

Mine's at 64 inches.

hyenabusaII2.jpg

• Love
Reactions: Zee
HIFIBOB: You know what color powdercoat your swingarm is? Going to have to get mine done and no clue what will match frame best.

Damn those rims are sick looking!

HIFIBOB: You know what color powdercoat your swingarm is? Going to have to get mine done and no clue what will match frame best.

Damn those rims are sick looking!

Thanks.. Its a trac arm and its the powder coating they offer. Its a pretty good match to the frame but not exact.. I'll try to post a clearer pic for you..

Back