people just have no sense

DaddyPhatSaks

Registered
alright i was on my way to the beach (not on my bike
sad.gif
still in shop ) anyway on the way there i see this black and grey busa it caught my eye cuz the guy had a his girl on the back so you know i was staring hehe well , he had sandals on , shorts , wife beater and sunglasses with no helmet his girl flip flops , shorts , bikini top and sunglasses as well with no helmet !!! anyway i see him coming the oppisite way and he is sitting on his tank waving his legs around and his girl was on the back hold on to nothing !!! and i am like wtf !!! i was like if i had something like that on the back of my bike she better have a helmet on and some shoes atleast !!!! but i mean do people not cherish their lives anymore ? i remember when i was like that but still these guys that buy bikes these days must realize they aren't so forgiving , well anyway just a random thought but i know some guys will never wear gear , dont know why cuz the stuff will save your azz

Yeah, some people do some crazy stuff when riding! I always thought it was cool to ride without a helmet, but I guess I have wisened up in my old age! I guess wearing gear means that you can show off your look!

yeah I've ridden alot without a helmet and ever since last yr I don't really even get on my bike without a helmet on
cool.gif

i sport no helmet but ususaly i am going to the store less than a mile a away and i still watch everything around me only going 30 .... i saw some guy the other day going down the road past me doing about 120 with shorts and t shirt and sunglasses
rock.gif

you do know it's a fact that the biggest majority of accidents happen within 5 miles of your home don't ya?

atleast with cars... can't imagine it's any different on a bike... so statistically i guess that means you'd be better off wearing the helmet to the store.. and not wearing it on the trip... odd.

As most of you know, I'm a Emergency Medical Service Helicopter Pilot. I know first hand what happens when your not wearing a helmet. Most of the folks I pick up that were not wearing helmets either die in the Helicopter on the way to the hospital or have such severe head trauma that they end up in a nusrsing home. Even at low speed if your head hits the pavement its going to be a bad head injury. So with that said, wear protective clothing and helmet. Here is a pic of my helmet from my crash last December...I was only going around 30 mph. Just my .02
wink.gif

DSCF1032.JPG

I can not ride with out a helmet. It is not comfy aymore. Even keeping sand and bugs out. Hey i grow up in the 60's and 70's and did not even see helmets until the early 70's. At that time it was like wearing a bowling ball. No excuse anymore.

i can also say i have gone a few times without the helmet and gear usually wear the jacket at least if i am around my little 786 populated town still have to watch out for the old ladies helmet on there kinda sucks ya get to hot for my taste grated out on the road i don't even think twice about not going without it cause well bugs are nasty and hurt like hell at 100 not to mention road debry that you could also catch

The guy is obviously an idiot and needs his balls handed to him. WTF treating your bike like that sitting on the tank?
rock.gif

I was riding home from work last week and had this Harley pull up beside me
at a stop light~ His bald head dripping with sweat and he turns to me and says,
"Aren't you hot? You sure look hot" I just looked at him and said "Yeah, but when
one of these cagers takes us out I'll be headed home while your headed to the
hospital or worse"~ He just laughed and we rode our seperate ways~
It gets hot as he11 down here in FL... but you'll never catch me without my
gear on while riding...

sad just plain sad
and even sader when we hear is dumb as died cause a 20 mile an hour accident.

Back