Peregrine Falcon - up close and personal

SAMBUSA

TATTOO'D WHITE TRASH
Donating Member
Registered
Took my little girl to the zoo today for her 6th birthday. Had a great time. Anyway, we walked up on this area that had various birds in this landscaped little island. Barn Owl, Turkey Vulture, yada yada. Pretty cool cuz they just had them tied off on one leg. Then it got AWESOME. There it was in all its majestic beauty. The Peregrine Falcon. Of course I had to explain to my little girl for like the 100th time all about it. "I know daddy, you already told me":rofl:

zoo.jpg

doesn't look all that fast :whistle: Somehow I figured it would have a bit more chrome on it :rofl: but on the serious side, quite a bit of white and gray/silver there, must be an 06 limited!!

At least they took the reflectors off :rofl:

So, tethered birds at the zoo? We have a pretty nice "living museum" in Newport News and they've got an entire area enclosed where birds of all kinds can fly somewhat freely, i.e. no tethers...kind of sad to see 'em tied up like that :(

So, tethered birds at the zoo? We have a pretty nice "living museum" in Newport News and they've got an entire area enclosed where birds of all kinds can fly somewhat freely, i.e. no tethers...kind of sad to see 'em tied up like that :(

They only had them tied up for a demonstration that was getting ready to start. Normally they are in a big enclosed area.

My brother in law lives in newport news, My family and I went there last summer on vacation. Nice place, we had a real good time a bush gardens.

Back