People flicking you off

(fastnotch2002 @ May 03 2007,06:21) WOW! Looks like you need anger manangement, or burn a big fat one!  Just ignore it and move on.
+1 - there are plenty of things in life to get worked up over - getting the "flicked off" isn't one of them.

And for the record, I think you should probably burn a fat one anyway.

I have friends in California that have no problem removing mirrors as they pass by jerks in their cages.

just blow a kiss at their girlfriend/wife...you won't have to worry about them running away any more
biggrin.gif

seriously though, don't let them sweat you...they are just trying to get you to respond and if you don't it takes all the fun out of it for them

Got flipped off once.A group of old farts on harley's,like 20 in a line of 2.They were running 40 in a 55.Got flipped off for passing them.Never got over 80 on the pass,just eased on by.I'M thinking WTF.These guys makes this ride alot.The next time I see them and pass,I'M gonna give them a reason for the flip when I pass.
firedevil.gif

BButter............don't get shot over a flip-off or get your blood pressure up......pick your time and place..............get even........
rant.gif

one word

XANEX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam

Go see your local doctor and just tell them you feel edgey once awhile around people and groups and you just need something to help you cope with people.

Plus 100 on the anger management classes also. You seem to have some deep seeded anxiety issues.

I state this because as the saying goes it takes one to know one. I some times want to rip peoples heads off for breathing too loud next to me.

If someone looks at me wrong I often feel like I want to gouge their eyes out with a dull f'in knife.

Xanex has really helped me a lot.

Seriously, yeah, someone flipping you off isnt cool but the best way to deal with it is how you respond to these people. the world is filled with a$$holes. it is easier to ignore them all than going around trying to beat them all down.

Concealed carry here in Texas & I do even in my leathers - not going to start anything, but its there if necessary.
guns.gif

(jjmetheny @ May 03 2007,04:15)
(Charlesbusa @ May 03 2007,04:35) Or you can wave at them.  They get really confused when you have hello after they flip you off  
wink.gif
I've done this for years, nothing better than pissing off the guy that was trying to piss you off.
+1

I wave like a homecoming queen ridin' the parade float on meth.

If I am in the truck or other vehicle where they can see my face, I smile real big as well.

(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,11:19) one word

ZANEX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alprazolam

Go see your local doctor and just tell them you feel edgey once awhile around people and groups and you just need something to help you cope with people.

Plus 100 on the anger management classes also. You seem to have some deep seeded anxiety issues.

I state this because as the saying goes it takes one to know one. I some times want to rip peoples heads off for breathing too loud next to me.

If someone looks at me wrong I often feel like I want to gouge their eyes out with a dull f'in knife.

Xanex has really helped me a lot.

Seriously, yeah, someone flipping you off isnt cool but the best way to deal with it is how you respond to these people. the world is filled with a$$holes. it is easier to ignore them all than going around trying to beat them all down.
Good advice..........

Also consider taking an AIKIDO class. Its great fun and deals with self defense and all , but more importantly it trains you on how to deal with conflict resolution.
I've been taking it with my family for 24 weeks now, and I have to say it works!!
Not good to go around like this all the time
AAAssjani.gif

Your best bet is to forget and move on. If more and more people are doing it to you, then step back and try to find out why. I give the finger alot for A-holes using their highbeams in traffic but i know it's not the smart thing to do.  

People can remember you, especially if you ride an easily identifiable motorcycle with bright paint or graphics. They may one day come back, decide to not see you and put your lights out.  If that don't sway you, then think about if it were to happen when your riding 2up and your passenger suffers.
I get worked up myself sometimes and it's hard to let stuff go.

Every once in a while someone dies around these parts from a road rage incident that escalates. The Leos are also taking a hard line on it.

Fact is we are much more vulnerable than the cagers. Who cares about getting flipped off by some a**hole? I figure they are just jealous they are not riding a Busa. Why let BS like that ruin a perfectly good ride?

If a cager is pissing me off I just twist the throttle and disappear. . .

I've been known to give cagers the old middle finger, but I've found it far more effective to blow 'em kisses now as I pass 'em by
laugh.gif

Seriously, just steer clear of 'em, especially in traffic and while on your bike. I feel like that's the absolute worst place for you to be with some angry cager at your bumper or side. Some people have a tough time managing their anger and won't think twice to swerve just to watch you squirm with a bike...

I 've never been flipped off, but I was riding with my high beams, and now HID, and people give dirty looks and tap their brakes often.

Someone who tries to provoke you should be felt sorry for....evidently they do not have anything worth living for and surely you do.

Just let it go
beerchug.gif

As others have previously intimated, you obviously have a much bigger problem that the people who are flipping you off.

No offense, but since when do you give a 5hit about the opinions of strangers whom you have never met and probably will never see again? Does their opinion REALLY change who you are? I don't think so.

Nobody can jerk your chain if you let go your end of it.
smile.gif

Here's how the mind works:

First you have stimulus-

then (hopefully!) you have thought-

then you have response.

You have buddies who flip you off or call you an azzhole jokingly don't you? If you don't pound them, then the difference is you think first- same difference you can have if a stranger does it! You just think something like- "Jerkoff, who cares if that oozing chancre on the foreskin of society flips me off?" and go on about your business with a smile on your face!

(Shibumi @ May 03 2007,10:36) Nobody can jerk your chain if you let go your end of it.  
smile.gif
That has got to be one of the coolest and best sayings I have heard in a long time!! lol

Is that yours? can I use it on my head stone? lol...

beerchug.gif

(fastnotch2002 @ May 03 2007,04:21) WOW! Looks like you need anger manangement, or burn a big fat one!  Just ignore it and move on.
Ummm... speaking on behalf of myself and all the other big fat ones here, I'd like to request that you clarify. A misunderstanding could prove rather painful for those of us who are both big and fat...
AAAssjani.gif

(CrashTestDanny @ May 03 2007,14:47)
(fastnotch2002 @ May 03 2007,04:21) WOW! Looks like you need anger manangement, or burn a big fat one!  Just ignore it and move on.
Ummm... speaking on behalf of myself and all the other big fat ones here, I'd like to request that you clarify.  A misunderstanding could prove rather painful for those of us who are both big and fat...  
AAAssjani.gif
ices_rofl.gif

(busabutter @ May 02 2007,22:19) Don't know whats wrong with some people but I have been flicked off more than I care for and for doing absolutely nothing to them...
Alright, I read through all the responses before replying and I'm surprised nobody mentioned this to you before...

Did you know that raising the middle finger and holding it out to someone is actually the most sincere compliment that some inbred people know how to give? In addition to letting you know that you are number one in their lives, these people are simultaneously telling you their IQ so that you can steer clear of them while riding your motorcycle!

When you encounter one of these sincere compliments, the best thing to do is pretend you did not see it, since the person giving it to you would be very embarassed if you did notice.

Seriously dude, if you've provoked them - stop whatever it is you're doing. If you haven't provoked them, just stay away from them. People who do that really aren't smart enough to learn anyhow, so beating them up would be like trying to toilet-train a pet rock.

A couple people mentioned anger management, and if you need that help, get it. Me - I go ride.
biggrin.gif

(thrasherfox @ May 03 2007,12:42)
(Shibumi @ May 03 2007,10:36) Nobody can jerk your chain if you let go your end of it.
smile.gif
That has got to be one of the coolest and best sayings I have heard in a long time!! lol

Is that yours? can I use it on my head stone? lol...

beerchug.gif
Thanks!
smile.gif

Yes, it's original- came up with it after many hours of therapy in support of my bipolar first wife
crazy.gif
- yours for free!!

smile.gif

Back