Technique for starting bike with HID lights.

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
This came to me from Warbird II/Tim.
It is two things I would have never found out or read anywhere.
They are two tips for starting your bike if you have HIDs on it and another way to flash to pass. Both work.
Maybe all of you know these maybe not. SInce these are my first HIDs on any bike I have ever owned Tim was nice enough to share them with me.
I think the starting procedure def will extend life of bulbs..

A quick trick to flash when riding with both beams on .
Instead of using switch just push starter in real quick. It does not engage starter but it flicks lights.
This will temp kill High beam and flash to pass.
It will come right back to bright. Just dont get happy with it.

Also another tip from him most appreciated is start procedure.
Normally if you turn key on first lights go on and then flicker while starting.
Not good for bulbs.

So turn killswitch to run, hold starter down with thumb, reach over and then turn key on.
You will see all lights except HIDs go on.
Then draw in clutch and bike will start without flickering HIDs.
As soon as it comes to life obviously let off starter.
It works. Starts bike without lights on.
Def seems like it will make them last longer.
Normal way you can see them flick,flick,flick...

:thumbsup:

1299 once you get used to it , it becomes normal.
Two diff paths with no addtl equip to the same end is all.

Good tip...so i must be killing mine cause all I do is trun the key and crank it up:laugh::laugh: thank god for Gixerhp!:rofl::rofl:

Lycan I said after killswitch and holding starter button you TURN key on.
I am not familiar with what TRUN means ?:poke::rofl:

Has anyone had a problem with gauge reset? I have been starting the bike this way but after I start the bike a let off the starter button my gauge will reset everything, clock, shift light, and lighting background. This doesn't happen all the time but enough To piss me off lol.

Thanks for any input!

Add a delay to the HID so it fires off a couple seconds after the bike is started. Several write ups on here including mine.

Waiting for my busa hid to come in, but I start my hid equiped M109 as soon as the fuel pump finishes priming. Been good for 3 years now. Didn't realize it was a problem.
Troy

Has anyone had a problem with gauge reset? I have been starting the bike this way but after I start the bike a let off the starter button my gauge will reset everything, clock, shift light, and lighting background. This doesn't happen all the time but enough To piss me off lol.

Thanks for any input!
I got the same probleme on my busa at the moment. It cost me al ready a new cluster. My busa was american specs so it dit not had a light switch, so i put in a switch. My probleme now is after i started up and put on my lights it is as if i get a power spike to my cluster . Every thing resets . If your probleme is fixed can you maybe give advice. Thanks

I got the same probleme on my busa at the moment. It cost me al ready a new cluster. My busa was american specs so it dit not had a light switch, so i put in a switch. My probleme now is after i started up and put on my lights it is as if i get a power spike to my cluster . Every thing resets . If your probleme is fixed can you maybe give advice. Thanks

:welcome: to The Org. The search feature will take you where you need to go.
But I will cut you some slack since you are new. Click here tviljoen351
Hid ballast problem click here HID HID HID

I have had Hayabusa's for 20 years.(5 so far) This is one mod I will never do.
There are way too many hassles associated with it,as you are finding out.
I always tell people to add some powerful auxiliary lights on their own circuit. But hey,thats just me. I like shi7 that works.:laugh:
Other members will I'm sure help you out with this one.
My advice would be to take all that krap out and throw it in the trash can.Cost you one cluster already. All so you can have...better lights.
HID
FIXED.
Good luck with it.
Rubb.

:welcome: to The Org. The search feature will take you where you need to go.
But I will cut you some slack since you are new. Click here tviljoen351
Hid ballast problem click here HID HID HID View attachment 1622902

I have had Hayabusa's for 20 years.(5 so far) This is one mod I will never do.
There are way too many hassles associated with it,as you are finding out.
I always tell people to add some powerful auxiliary lights on their own circuit. But hey,thats just me. I like shi7 that works.:laugh:
Other members will I'm sure help you out with this one.
My advice would be to take all that krap out and throw it in the trash can.Cost you one cluster already. All so you can have...better lights.
HID View attachment 1622903FIXED.
Good luck with it.
Rubb.
Thanks for the feedback. I put the original globes back and remove the HID lights. Now al good

Back