People flicking you off

busabutter

Registered
Don't know whats wrong with some people but I have been flicked off more than I care for and for doing absolutely nothing to them.

Today a black guy with his pimped out caprice is ahead of me at a stop light. I pull up behind him at a red light. He flicks me off. I follow but get tired of him turning and figure okay this guy is never going to stop and I am not going to get a chance to confront him. Don't know this guy or what his problem is.

I don't know about you guys but I am growing increasingly more violent or should I say ready to throw down with some people. I am minding my own business and these people seem to have a problem with me on my bike.

So what do you guys do? Have you been flicked off for no reason? Do you fight so they don't mess with sportbike riders? Confront them? Or just let it go?

I am at my boiling point. Who are these sugarbritches and what is their problem. This is just today and not the first time that someone has flicked me off. For a second I thought maybe he was flicking someone else off but no it had to be directed at me.

This never happens when I am driving just when I am out riding my bikes. Do they think they can because we are on a motorcycle and not much can be done or what.

What is the best way to handle these kinds of situations? I personally want to beat the tar out of them. What do you guys do?

Let it go dude...ride on
all_coholic.gif

Sorry but I am not going to let it go. Because those same people one day won't care that they cut you off or throw **** out the window when you are behind them or just indanger your life.

A good ass kickin is what they need. Win or loose I am going to stand up for myself and if who ever has a problem with me riding my Japanese or import or sportbike will just have to eat fist.

Fock em. I am tired of the backward ass mentality of some people in this city, country.

Well then just carry a gun in a tank bag and shoot anybody and everybody that pi$$e$ you off
super.gif

(BA BUSA @ May 02 2007,23:26) Well then just carry a gun in a tank bag and shoot anybody and everybody that pi$$e$ you off  
super.gif
tounge.gif

Hhaaa.

busabutter, what city you in?

Do you ride w/ your high beams on? Are they HID as well?

People who've never ridden a motorcycle (let alone in heavy traffic) can't appreciate the fact that our goal is to be HIGHLY visible!

Take solace in the fact that these cagers (the ones that give you the birdy) actually SEE you! Many are oblivious to us!

OR.... they could just be jealous of the Busa!

I would recommend avoiding provocation though. One of them may have had a REALLY bad day and you pushing the envelope of fury could be all it takes for one of them to violently push that metal dozer into you. Best to brush it off and enjoy the ride!

(00Negative @ May 03 2007,00:34) Do you ride w/ your high beams on?  Are they HID as well?

People who've never ridden a motorcycle (let alone in heavy traffic) can't appreciate the fact that our goal is to be HIGHLY visible!

Take solace in the fact that these cagers (the ones that give you the birdy) actually SEE you!  Many are oblivious to us!

I would recommend avoiding provocation though.  One of them may have had a REALLY bad day and you pushing the envelope of fury could be all it takes for one of them to violently push that metal dozer into you.  Best to brush it off and enjoy the ride!
+100, two wrongs don't make one right,

Lanesplit and give a swift kick to the door is one option as soon as light is green. Could hang back and let them go a bit then come flying up, nail their door and split.

Could just return the jester. Nice to be armed if they get out of the car. If guns aren't your thing, the silly string type mace is nice. Best to be off the bike and hit 'em with it then ride off or if needed kick the **** out of them as they're writhing. If i do have to deal with police tell 'em flat out he kept coming after i sprayed him....that's if i stick around though. I'm masked and my plate is hard to read. Gotta be careful as they could always have a gun but, thanks to CCW and stand your ground law in my state, criminals know they're not the only ones carrying either. Gun violance has went down in my city too.

Thing is with me in my area, i haven't had pretty much anyone in a cage do that (except for the one loser in the gran prix i humiliated on the highway years ago). For awhile Around here the stupid ghetto kids liked playing a game with oncoming vehicals where they park their bicycle in the middle of the street and daringly wait until the last moment to move. Some just move slightly still pretty much forcing the vehical to slow down. A few have purposely pulled in front of vehicals as if they're honestly trying to get hit. I've encountered this a few times and while i'll never confess to anything, i so far don't have much trouble with that kind of business anymore. Thing is late last summer there was 10 seperate incident with kids on bicycles who got hit by cars in almost a 2 week span. Drivers said they just popped up out of nowwhere. I'm guessing these brats and their parents thought if the kid got hurt by someone who didn;t stop, reguardless what the kid on the bicycle was doing, they would get some money. Think they found out how many loopholes in traffic law there is that will go against them and they don't do it much anymore.
cool.gif

(busabutter @ May 02 2007,22:19) Today a black guy with his pimped out caprice is ahead of me at a stop light. I pull up behind him at a red light. He flicks me off. I follow but get tired of him turning and figure okay this guy is never going to stop and I am not going to get a chance to confront him. Don't know this guy or what his problem is.
A nice door dent and run would have been perfect right there! Hell following him to who knows where was the worst mistake. No telling where he could have been leading you to.

I understand your anger but the best thing you could do is be a little more tactical. If you bust his **** and said cager tries to chase, dust him. It's their accident or dealings with the police they'll have to eventually worry about after you leave them behind. Not everyone can memorize plate numbers when they're pissed (providing they even get the chance to) and even if the police do end up meeting you, at the end of the day you were being chased by a 3000+ib bullet and there's no damage you could have done that would be excuse for anyone trying to run you down and endanger the public on the road.

However you could avoid that drama and Memorize his plate and realize the internet is your freind if you want to meet him or leave a message in some way later. Know your city and state laws too. The POS thugs know the law better then the cops and have their attorney's on retainer and get away with just about anything. Citizens who take the time to know their law too and get a good attorney well in advance get even better results. The law isn't always what it seems so know it incase you ever do have to "protect yourself from being a victim".

i had one yesterday blinker on to turn left would not move made room anyways on the Busa @$#%$^% a$$hole wales on his horn of course here in CA the middle finger was rose by the bobohead i was about too
all_coholic.gif
but i had to turn and did not care.
argue.gif

Wow, no one ever flips me off.  Maybe I just don't give them a reason for it?

Somehow, booger flicking sounds entertaining.

(00Negative @ May 03 2007,02:34) Do you ride w/ your high beams on?  Are they HID as well?

I was thinking turn your hi beam off.
Some people are just born to be walking PEN15'S.

Nope, I can't remember getting flipped off for no reason.

Think of it this way, they're only doing it to provoke you. If you ignore it, they're not getting what they wanted. Or you can wave at them. They get really confused when you have hello after they flip you off
wink.gif

When I've been flicked off (not often), I give 'em a "military salute". It really pizzes 'em off! it's my way of saying, "You're not even worthy of my finger!!!"

(Charlesbusa @ May 03 2007,04:35) Or you can wave at them.  They get really confused when you have hello after they flip you off  
wink.gif
I've done this for years, nothing better than pissing off the guy that was trying to piss you off.

(busabutter @ May 02 2007,22:19) Don't know whats wrong with some people but I have been flicked off more than I care for and for doing absolutely nothing to them.  

Today a black guy with his pimped out caprice is ahead of me at a stop light.  I pull up behind him at a red light.  He flicks me off.  I follow but get tired of him turning and figure okay this guy is never going to stop and I am not going to get a chance to confront him.  Don't know this guy or what his problem is.

I don't know about you guys but I am growing increasingly more violent or should I say ready to throw down with some people.  I am minding my own business and these people seem to have a problem with me on my bike.

So what do you guys do?  Have you been flicked off for no reason?  Do you fight so they don't mess with sportbike riders?  Confront them?  Or just let it go?  

I am at my boiling point.  Who are these sugarbritches and what is their problem.  This is just today and not the first time that someone has flicked me off.  For a second I thought maybe he was flicking someone else off but no it had to be directed at me.

This never happens when I am driving just when I  am out riding my bikes.  Do they think they can because we are on a motorcycle and not much can be done or what.

What is the best way to handle these kinds of situations?  I personally want to beat the tar out of them.  What do you guys do?
WOW! Looks like you need anger manangement, or burn a big fat one! Just ignore it and move on.

had an HD guy flip me off. I just laughed.

don't let em get to you. as long as they stay in the car everyone will be ok. Once they get out it's on
guns.gif

(jjmetheny @ May 03 2007,04:15)
(Charlesbusa @ May 03 2007,04:35) Or you can wave at them. They get really confused when you have hello after they flip you off
wink.gif
I've done this for years, nothing better than pissing off the guy that was trying to piss you off.
+1

I also agree you need some anger management. If you need to suppress your need to fight when you are riding you are looking for an accident. Don't let them get to you. I always wave to people who seem angry with me. Sometimes it defuses things, sometimes it pi$$es them off even more. Not my problem.

I honestly feel that people who just want to spew random hatred around them are only making their little pocket of the world an unpleasant and dangerous place. Quit worrying about them, they are not worth your time.

Hang in there man, try not to let it get to you. The people in cages are probably pi$$ed off HD owners whose bikes are in the shop;P (muahahaha)

Back