I love the GP, too, but what about

Busa_05

Busa Legend
Donating Member
Registered
Whod'a thunk Bostrom, huh? He's been the fav all weekend, but Matt almost had him in, what was it? Turn 4, there, if I recall...anyway, all the GP nuts are raving and I love the GP, too, but the Superbikes are my absolute fav. That corkscrew at Laguna Seca is just sweet, isn't it? To watch those guys flick those bikes into turn 8, downhill, and then flick back for 8A...just sweet!

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: None given...|1121102207 -->

You think that the "corkscrew" is fun to watch....you should ride it
wow.gif

I only live about 75 miles from there and have done 3 track days there on my litre bike
biggrin.gif

Thanks Busa_05...I missed the race and was hoping to watch the video. Now the end is ruined.
wow.gif

laugh.gif

What's AMA?
Here's a link to the AMA's website:

http://www.ama-cycle.org/

http://www.ama-cycle.org/whatis/whatis.asp

AMA also has sanctioned motorcycle races such as the AMA Superbike, and AMA Supersport Series.
cool.gif
I thought it was just called the Mat Mladin series?

hehehehehe
There should have been a smiley after the "what's AMA"
rock.gif

Just trying to help out. I thought it was odd that someone with a Busa wouldn't know what the AMA is.
laugh.gif

Personally I prefer watching the AMA Superbikes over the MotoGP circuit. Kinda like how I enjoy watching college football over the NFL.

Personally I prefer watching the AMA Superbikes over the MotoGP circuit. Kinda like how I enjoy watching college football over the NFL.
I'm chuckling because some guys are azzholes by nature and would respond to a post like this with just this kind of answer, just to be an azz. But since I don't know you, I guess I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...in a round about way...but, still, even if you are being facetious (i.e. being an azzhole)...I have to admit, it is kinda funny and I did chuckle.

<!--EDIT|Busa_05
Reason for Edit: "grammatical"|1121256140 -->

I'm chuckling because some guys are azzholes by nature and would respond to a post like this with just this kind of answer, just to be an azz. But since I don't know you, I guess I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt...in a round about way...but, still, even if you are being facetious (i.e. being an azzhole)...I have to admit, it is kinda funny and I did chuckle.
LOL ... Naw man, I'm serious. I DO like AMA more than GP and I DO like NCAA more than NFL. As for me prefering NCAA over the NFL, there are a few reasons.
- In the NFL, a team can possibly go 7-9 and still make it to the playoffs. In NCAA, if a team loses 2 games, sometimes even 1, they lose the chance to be National Champs. Therefore they play almost every game as if its a playoff game, which means the intensity is much higher.
- 'Ya gotta love it when the band plays after a TD.
- Unless they meet in a bowl game or conference championship game, college teams play each other once a year. So when a team beats their closest rival, that is worth a full year of bragging rights. In the NFL, they can play each other up to three times. Its kinda like watching American Chopper, pretty good show, but to many re-runs.
- I'm a bigger Hurricane fan than I am a Dolphin fan.
There are a few more but I'm sure you get the picture.

As for AMA over GP, no offense to anyone, but, listening to the American commentators is easier on my ears.
- I know more of the names in AMA than I do in GP.
- I prefer the sound of AMA bikes over GP. Its like listening to a marching band and a concert band. Sure the marching band's music is more exciting but the concert band's sound is smoother and more crisp.
- AMA is televised more than GP (600 classes and above) so AMA has kinda grown on me.
A few more reasons are there, but again, you get the picture.

So you see, I'm no @$$hole, just weird .... that's all.

LOL ... Naw man, I'm serious. I DO like AMA more than GP and I DO like NCAA more than NFL. As for me prefering NCAA over the NFL, there are a few reasons.
- In the NFL, a team can possibly go 7-9 and still make it to the playoffs. In NCAA, if a team loses 2 games, sometimes even 1, they lose the chance to be National Champs. Therefore they play almost every game as if its a playoff game, which means the intensity is much higher.
- 'Ya gotta love it when the band plays after a TD.
- Unless they meet in a bowl game or conference championship game, college teams play each other once a year. So when a team beats their closest rival, that is worth a full year of bragging rights. In the NFL, they can play each other up to three times. Its kinda like watching American Chopper, pretty good show, but to many re-runs.
- I'm a bigger Hurricane fan than I am a Dolphin fan.
There are a few more but I'm sure you get the picture.

As for AMA over GP, no offense to anyone, but, listening to the American commentators is easier on my ears.
- I know more of the names in AMA than I do in GP.
- I prefer the sound of AMA bikes over GP. Its like listening to a marching band and a concert band. Sure the marching band's music is more exciting but the concert band's sound is smoother and more crisp.
- AMA is televised more than GP (600 classes and above) so AMA has kinda grown on me.
A few more reasons are there, but again, you get the picture.

So you see, I'm no @$$hole, just weird .... that's all.
laugh.gif
All right, then.
smile.gif
Not knowing a guy somtimes makes it difficult to interpret the written words.
beerchug.gif

Back