Peg Mod (Buell XB Pegs on Busa)

Dr Geekenstein

Registered
Was over on the SH Org forum earlier, and saw a post for a very nice mod for footpegs for tall riders. Thought I would share the knowledge, heading to a HD shop today after work to see if they have any in stock !!

Nice mod
One other option if you can find them is the Lockhart Phillips LP-360 foot pegs! Cost around $40 and there adjustable..

Great info. Thats why I like this board so much.
bowdown.gif
Everybody helps everybody
beerchug.gif
jump9.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

The Buell pegs are made with a 1 1/2inch drop built in and are only $14 each! I got mine on order.

Been working on a test peg to see what needs to be done. Spacer from TL1000 pegs is steel and will work well. Hole in Buell peg needs to be enlarged to .470in. for the spacer to fit. Then the Buell peg needs to be shaved by .050in. on either side where it fits on the Busa. And then all fits snug and the new peg is 1 1/2 in. lower than stock. And without the inch of rubber. Very cool mod.
smile.gif

Man, I want a set of those! A little down and back would be PERFECT for me! I've wished for that a million times since gettin' the busa. Gotta see about findin' a set of those.
biggrin.gif

Wow that is a nice looking mod. A whole lot better that what I am using. I am using GSXR750 pegs on my 'busa. They keep the same ground clearance and drop about 1/2".

Kevin
info@mrcycles.com

Hey...Think they are actually made in USA?  Might be a good way to go and they do look pretty tight...  Hell at $25 or so it shouldn't be a big deal if they don't work out for an individual as well...  Just sell them to someone else...  Damn good idea...

Oh and for those too lazy to click the link....

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085073521 -->

And another pic

Also, XB12 Pegs

Buell XB Rider Footpegs.
Buell Part # N0006.1AD

$25.00 and they come bubble packed as a set

and FLrider contributed this...

As an alternative I offer this:
P/n N0520.1AD $12.80 retail, $ 10.88 15% off
P/n N0521.1AD " "

these are the numbers for the pegs for a XB9S. They look the same as the XB12s only shiny instead of dull metal. I have a set coming on Fri. The mount end is 100 thousands too big for the busa mount. I am going to take to a machine shop to have milled to keep both sides equal. And as the rattler said a new spacer will have to be used to tighten things up. Great idea for a mod and thanks to the rattler for bringing it to us. Bob[/QUOTE]

I ordered a set thru the local hardley abelson stealership for $26.76 with tax an all.  

will do the pic thing when I do the mod.. or try to remember to anyway.

<!--EDIT|pure_ego
Reason for Edit: None given...|1085080296 -->

I wonder what the dimensions where on this spacer he found..

The idea for the spacers I came up with for my application. I think Warp was doing this mod for a ZX12 and didn't need spacers. I wandered around Home Depot till I came across something I thought would work. Small plastic spacers that act as bushings. UPC# 3069987278 from Crown Bolt of Cerritos, CA(I cant read the size on the package 'cause I tore it open ). I had to drill out the center hole a bit to press'em in, but once in they worked perfectly. [/QUOTE]

Damn I think I will give this a shot... Might be comfortable...

Hey...Think they are actually made in USA?  Might be a good way to go and they do look pretty tight...  Hell at $25 or so it shouldn't be a big deal if they don't work out for an individual as well...  Just sell them to someone else...  Damn good idea...

That's the reason I like you so much Rev. You're always thinking
umnik.gif
I tried opening the link a few times, and for some odd reason, the link keeps giving me an error and drops my computer from the internet. At 6'5", I definitely need to do this mod. Any place in particular where I can order the pegs????-- besides having to go to my local Harley dealer? Knowing my dealer, they will probably charge twice what you guys are paying. An inexpensive $30 mod will wind up costing me about $75 or $80
mad.gif

Brian

That's the reason I like you so much Rev.  You're always thinking  
umnik.gif
 I tried opening the link a few times, and for some odd reason, the link keeps giving me an error and drops my computer from the internet.  At  6'5", I definitely need to do this mod.  Any place in particular where I can order the pegs????-- besides having to go to my local Harley dealer?  Knowing my dealer, they will probably charge twice what you guys are paying.  An inexpensive $30 mod will wind up costing me about $75 or $80
mad.gif

Brian
bacharles,
just ordered mine from harley and they were $25.50 plus tax for the pair. Will be about a week to get in. Go see em, there good people generally!
smile.gif

i'm sorta worried about the lean angles also... I wouldnt' mind scrappin' pegs.. but i dont' want them touching the ground for no good reason ya know.

i'm sorta worried about the lean angles also...  I wouldnt' mind scrappin' pegs.. but i dont' want them touching the ground for no good reason ya know.
DITTO... Will see with my normal riding style if is scraps more often. Also I wonder how well the shift/brake pedal adjustment will work out. Sounds cool if it works though!
smile.gif

Back