Buell Pegs

I did the Buell ped mod yesterday afternoon, and went out and rode about 100 miles this morning to test them out.  Wow.... what a difference in comfort.  I didn't realise it until I got home, but I didn't have take my legs of the pegs once to streatch.  I really didn't know what to expect when I ordered the pegs but after my test ride I am sold on this mod.  Just a huge increase in the comfort level.  Totally amazing what a couple of inches will do for the comfort of you legs.  I know this has been discussed before, but I just thought I'd my share my opnion...
Thank you again for the purchase!!! I'm glad for your new "relationship" with your Busa!!

beerchug.gif
 making me concider it
PM me if I can help!!!

Joe,
Here we go again, this side looks like there will be issues with clearance.
Darn, somebody better do some polishing up on my bike, Pictures don't cut you any slack at all, do they.....LOL

IMG_7725___resized__57.2_Kb.jpg

I got a good ride in last week and the buell pegs made a big difference.  At first i thought my shifter and brake were good, but after the ride I need to adjust them to feel good.

...oh and I did remove the spikes.

IMG_0399__Small_.JPG

I would like to tweak the shifter a bit but not sure it will take a little S bend.. The peg seems to need to come out a bit now.. is it possible or will it break?

LadyHawk, how long did it take you to do your own?   and on a scale of 1-10 how hard was it?   (am just curious from a womans point of view)
I didn't have a grinder. I used a metal file. So it took a bit longer.

I'd give it a 2 on a scale of 1-10.

Just pop out the pins, file off the top of the peg til it fits. File off a bit of the inner end so it still goes up and down. Slip them in, put the pins back in.

The brake was easy, just turn a bolt, until it drops down. Had to be careful not to put it too far down, as the brake light would come on.

On the shifter side, 2 bolts. I took the shifter off the peg, made it a little easier.

Test with my boots on, adjust a little lower on the shifter side.

Done.

GJoker helped with the positioning of the levers, as I would sit on the bike and test as he lowered them.

Took about 30 mins. But that included the filing. (The hardest part)

I would like to tweak the shifter a bit but not sure it will take a little S bend..  The peg seems to need to come out a bit now..  is it possible or will it break?
I read that they will break if you try to bend them too far.

I just lowered it.

Someone,?, added a bit of extension to the horizontal part, so it stuck out further.

But after a 30 mile short ride, I got used to poking my toe in a little.

While this isn't a total thread jack it is a non Busa question. Anyone ever heard of doing a set of Buells (or similar) on a Yamaha FJR 1300? Last year I found a set of adjustable footpegs for the Busa made by GSG in Germany and they also make em for the FJR but the US importer hasn't come through yet. My pal with an 05 FJR wants some pegs bad and I told him to look into the Buell mod for his FJR.

GSGFootPegLowerKit.jpg

well those are "PURTY" I would like a pair of those for sure.....

Found them....$160 a set Just a google job for GSG Hayabusa Pegs

well those are "PURTY" I would like a pair of those for sure.....

Found them....$160 a set Just a google job for GSG Hayabusa Pegs
The Busa pegs are easy but they list em for the FJR and he has had no luck getting them for whatever reason?
well they are certainly pretty looking...

my take is if I am going to spend $90-100 to have it done, I would spend another 60 and get the billet wonders... they are adjustable and just great to look at.... billet over cast any day..

speaking of which, are there not a number of machinists with CNC ability here??? you know who you are... just look at the part and make it... I will work up dimensions if you can do it.
ThumbsUp.gif
ThumbsUp.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

Back