Buell Pegs

Copperone

One of the Few, the proud -
Donating Member
Registered
I did the Buell ped mod yesterday afternoon, and went out and rode about 100 miles this morning to test them out.  Wow.... what a difference in comfort.  I didn't realise it until I got home, but I didn't have take my legs of the pegs once to streatch.  I really didn't know what to expect when I ordered the pegs but after my test ride I am sold on this mod.  Just a huge increase in the comfort level.  Totally amazing what a couple of inches will do for the comfort of you legs.  I know this has been discussed before, but I just thought I'd my share my opnion...

The TL mod helped, but I'm getting ready to go out to the garage and do this mod myself.

This mod rocks Hal.. You won't be sorry I can guarantee that..
bowdown.gif

did it here, aslo.. LOVE'N IT!!! between that and the risers.. totally different feeling bike..

congrats..
beerchug.gif

Here are a couple of pic of the pegs installed. Easy installation with the pegs. About 10 minutes. But, you will have to adjust the brake and shift levers a couple of time to get them right for your own comfortable position.

Busa_Mods_002__Small_.jpg

I did mine last weekend. Went for a nice ride today.. ahhhhhh.
That's all I can say.

I bought them from a dealership and shaved them to fit, myself. Had to lower the shifter and the rear brake. My shifter I would like to come down just a tad more, but then I can't get in between it and the kickstand with my boot. So it will have to stay where it is.

Love the comfort tho. I give that
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

thumb_up.gif

Thanks, I was totally suprised and the comfort level too. My shifer is right where I want it, but I'm having to try lower positions for the brake lever it get it where it feels comfortable.

hard to believe that such a small move of leg position would have such a drastic effect on your knees huh?
smile.gif

Hal, get the mod done, if you do not like it, you can pedal off the pegs in about 30 seconds..

LadyHawk, how long did it take you to do your own? and on a scale of 1-10 how hard was it? (am just curious from a womans point of view)

What's the ground clearance like after this mod? Mine's lowered 2" in the rear, so I'm already pretty close to the ground. Would this have a big impact on my cornering abbilities or not?

Hey. thanks for the pictures. It looks like it would make a big difference. My Heli-Bars were just about the same amount of different spacing, and the change in comfort was totally unexpected. Being 6'-2" this might be just the thing. Looks easy to do anyway.
Thanks,
Jim
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif
thumb_up.gif

beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

thumb_up.gif

What's the ground clearance like after this mod?  Mine's lowered 2" in the rear, so I'm already pretty close to the ground.  Would this have a big impact on my cornering abbilities or not?
The Buells are the same height as the stock pegs with the feelers in place. The pegs are not lower............just your feet. You must feet your toes up in the hard leans. Let me know if I can help!!!

Back