PDM60 Power Distribution Module

fallenarch

THE SLOW RIDER
Registered
You guys heard of this? https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle...MIypui2e_c2gIVhrjACh0kDg-oEAAYASAAEgLBrPD_BwE

It's a solid state (no fuses) power distribution module. Breakers are tripped and reset digitally so no fuses. You can program the out put for amps, switched or unswitched with a laptop. Reset on a fault is by cell phone. The unit is completely incased in epoxy so it is as waterproof as it gets (see photo of back). 60 amps total power. Really nice stuff.

PDM60-01.jpg
PDM60-02.jpg

Nice but I don't see how it's necessary. This thing will save you running for fuses but if you first measure the amps with a cheap multimeter and use a higher rated fuse, you can buy an aftermarket fuse box for about $12. I have yet to have a fuse burn out on my bike. You should be safe with fuses if you know how many amps you're drawing through them. If you have a short or something that suddenly draws too many amps, resetting a breaker won't solve the problem any more than replacing a fuse.

Well if that's your perspective then this certainly isn't for you. I have a lot of stuff on my bike (radar, phone charging, heated gear, cruise control, aux lights, etc.) Fuses do blow and I usually carry extras. When things dried up all was fine. I also had a wire rubbed and a fuse blew. I put some tape on the bare wire and replaced the fuse and I was back in business for the ride.

Another cool thing is not having to rewire if you want to change the power going to a circuit or add/change an accessory. If you have switched power (I keep everything on switched power usually) on something like a phone charger but need to charge while you go into a restaurant for lunch, just change PDM60 by phone to unswitched and you're good to go. Another thing is being able to manage power without having to change fuses. For example, if you have a passenger and it's cold, you can divert power to their heated gear when normally that power can be used elsewhere.

I have never seen a waterproof fuse block. Granted I never had a problem but I find myself riding in the rain from time to time and usually I cut power to everything unnecessary to avoid damage to expensive toys like RD's. This unit is made for any environment even a boat. It's not crazy expensive so why not have the best?

Obviously many Busa guys (and girls) are mission critical, the primary mission being going fast. If that's the case a $12 fuse block will suffice, if you need one at all.

a fully digital electronic fuse box...... what could go wrong there? lol.... u gonna put this POS on ure new BMW or the busa?

That’s a neat setup there. I could sure use one on the concours, instead of trying to tie every gadget to one of the 2 switched power connectors on the bike. I currently have my GPS, cell phone, and cruise control taking switched power from the only source available on the front of the bike. I’ll have to do some more research when I get off work. Keep updating this thread with your install and overall performance review Willie, please. I want to wire my radar, but I’m starting to get concern about the OEM wiring powering so many gadgets at once.

As a DC ( low voltage) fire alarm tech for 21 years it's all on the install. 99% of all mods I see done by vast majority are poor quality electrical installs.
I use a bus bar with a relay / single 30 amp fuse on the bar. My individual items attach to bar with their own online fuse of 5 amp or 10 amp. I can remove any circiut in seconds.

a fully digital electronic fuse box...... what could go wrong there? lol.... u gonna put this POS on ure new BMW or the busa?

What could go wrong with that asks the man with a reversed vacuum cleaner blowing his bike, ha ha! Actually we put digital breakers in buildings drawing huge voltages, you are way behind the times youngster! Definitely putting it on the BMW. BMW has the canbus, a very sophisticatedly annoying system (checks voltage draws to determine possible failures) that makes adding stuff a serious PIA. Most BMW guys add this so they can get power without waking the sleeping giant. I'm actually planning to take a lot of stuff off the Busa, get it back to basics.

That’s a neat setup there. I could sure use one on the concours, instead of trying to tie every gadget to one of the 2 switched power connectors on the bike. I currently have my GPS, cell phone, and cruise control taking switched power from the only source available on the front of the bike. I’ll have to do some more research when I get off work. Keep updating this thread with your install and overall performance review Willie, please. I want to wire my radar, but I’m starting to get concern about the OEM wiring powering so many gadgets at once.

Check this out. I don't know why but there are bike specific ones so check that out if you order.

Another thing is being able to manage power without having to change fuses. For example, if you have a passenger and it's cold, you can divert power to their heated gear when normally that power can be used elsewhere.

LOL, the Pigeon pooped again and will probably come trotting back with his weird teenager spelling style.

Sure is an upgrade to a fuse box, will be surprised if that does not become standard equipment one day.

I want a taser connection though instead of the passenger heated gear, for when she starts looking around and moving all over the place just before I put my foot down at the traffic stop.

What could go wrong with that asks the man with a reversed vacuum cleaner blowing his bike, ha ha! Actually we put digital breakers in buildings drawing huge voltages, you are way behind the times youngster! Definitely putting it on the BMW. BMW has the canbus, a very sophisticatedly annoying system (checks voltage draws to determine possible failures) that makes adding stuff a serious PIA. Most BMW guys add this so they can get power without waking the sleeping giant. I'm actually planning to take a lot of stuff off the Busa, get it back to basics.
If the cruise control is on your list to axe let me know would love to have on my busa.

LOL, the Pigeon pooped again and will probably come trotting back with his weird teenager spelling style.

Sure is an upgrade to a fuse box, will be surprised if that does not become standard equipment one day.

I want a taser connection though instead of the passenger heated gear, for when she starts looking around and moving all over the place just before I put my foot down at the traffic stop.
haha

31404015_811041845761304_5425724134837324312_n.jpg

Back