PCIIIusb Problems

SnapAttack

Donating Member
Registered
OK.

Looking to fire up the new pipes from Brock's. Since they haven't sent me my map yet... hmmm... I decided to go to Dynojet and download the Full exhaust, stock air filter AND air box mod map.

Cool. Except when I open powercommander, load my map, hook it the CPU to the PCIII, turn the ignition key on, it blirps the screen, reads the serial number and says NO COMMUNICATION.

Now, a buddy said that even though my bike is an 03, the ECU might be a left over from 02. He says he thought the 02 Busa's had to go a different route to communicate.

What ya think? This is my first time hooking up the unit since I bought the bike.

Thanks.

make sure the USB cable is plugged in all the way. I know that sounds crazy, but push it until it clicks.

Yeah, caught that the first time, thanks. I know it's linked because it's reading the serial number of the box. Just won't hook up to map it.
all_coholic.gif

I have an 05 but I think the PCIIIusb is the same from 02/03 on. Even though the PC gets power while on the bike, I still needed to connect my auxillary 9V battery to the PCIII to make changes, such as setting throttle position. There are tutorials and instructions available on the PC website. Maybe you need to "reset" the PC from within the PC program.
Good Luck.

Close the pc software, Hook up the usb cable to the pc 3, Turn on the bike, Then start the software. If still n/g then power the pc 3 with the 9 volt battery adaptor. Hope this helps!

Thanks all. Just got back and it's just past 9 pm. Hope the neighbors don't mind a little music... I'm gonna give it a shot.
super.gif

Don't worry about the 9v battery if it is on the bike. Start the bike and load it with the bike running. The bike will shut off power to the ECU/PCIII if it is not running (after a few seconds).

(Professor @ Jun. 20 2007,19:52) Don't worry about the 9v battery if it is on the bike. Start the bike and load it with the bike running. The bike will shut off power to the ECU/PCIII if it is not running (after a few seconds).
Thanks. That was the ticket.

I have an '03 busa.  I can only make adjustments to the PCIII USB when the engine is running.  How do I set the maximum value for the TPS?

Thanks

guns.gif

(geesosa73 @ Jul. 08 2007,09:38) I have an '03 busa.  I can only make adjustments to the PCIII USB when the engine is running.  How do I set the maximum value for the TPS?

Thanks

guns.gif
I just moved my baby into the garage, took out the baffle, turned up "Warpigs" (Black Sabbath for you youngsters), fired her up, and threw the throttle back... OK... so I used the 9v battery and adapter with key on/engine not running like they said... damn... can't a guy dream. Beats the heck out of manual adjustments!
laugh.gif

Back