PCIII issues

aka Danksy

Registered
Have 2004 w/ a PCIII, Full TI Akrapovic, and a BMC

had the custom map done by a shop in mass,

He said it went 202 I don't believe him but anyway(especially WITHOUT ram air, impossible eh?)

so past like 6500 the bike RIPS which is nice for long wheelies etc.

however cruising around town at low speeds and low rpms I am getting a lot of jerking, like the engine cuts out.

this happen to anyone else?

what do you mean 202?

properly tuned that should not be happening, something is wrong. does the dyno tuner know what he is doing?

also the guy i bought the bike off had a TRE on it, anddd said it ran like garbage...

maybe the guy tuning it didn't have a clue.

202 is possible on the dyno from the inertia of the drum. Even though it doesn't have ram air it alsodoesn't have the wind resistance.

Was it running OK when you got it back from the dyno and the problems started later, or did it come back from the dyno running crappy down low.

i still cant understand how telling the computer you are in fifth gear makes the bike bog at high rpms...

TRE only does that one thing..and ONLY that.

I run one and it smoothed out the choppy bottom end and it pulls like a train up top.

As far as TRE being the culprit because of it having to use the fifth gear fuel map: My Supercharged GTP has a FAR more advanced computer and I have used DHP powrtuner to tune the pcm.. I do NOT know of any car that needs a separate fuel map for different gears..so why in the world would a bike need that?

i still cant understand how telling the computer you are in fifth gear makes the bike bog at high rpms...

TRE only does that one thing..and ONLY that.

I run one and it smoothed out the choppy bottom end and it pulls like a train up top.

As far as TRE being the culprit because of it having to use the fifth gear fuel map: My Supercharged GTP has a FAR more advanced computer and I have used DHP powrtuner to tune the pcm.. I do NOT know of any car that needs a separate fuel map for different gears..so why in the world would a bike need that?
to get them past our government and sell them to us

I don't know why either, I was associating it with the whole map that was made for it, not treating it like only the bottom gears need to be re-mapped.

I'll try running the TRE for a bit, too be honest I didn't give it much of a shot.

then again for every person like you on here who swears by it there is another one who hates it, which I don't understand at all.

to get them past our government and sell them to us

ok..this makes sense.. but that means the bottom gears that do the emissions testing would be CORRECTED by using the fifth gear map without timing pulled...right?

all the TRE does, contrary to popular belief, is tell the computer you are in fifth gear. It bypasses the top speed limiter as a byproduct..but the point of it is to stop the timing retard suzuki put in the first few gears...probably for said emissons reasons, by tricking it into thinking you are in fifth.

PC changes your fuel trims. Not timing unless you get the add on.

ahhh thanks for clearin that up.

See I thought a PCIII did both the mapping and timing, so it seemed a bit redundant to run both.

I will throw the TRE on, see how it goes.

thanks.

Back