Not sure what to mod next?

What do you take off the r1? And how does it give you quicker throttle response I am very curious to hear that

Stainless lines are nice most people don't drive fast enough to need them buttt I might be one that does ha ha. Good call cheap upgrade too.
Posted via Mobile Device

It's just the throttle assembly its diameter is bigger then the busa and the R6 is bigger yet. what it dose is allow you to go to full throttle quicker since you don't have to roll the throttle so far around to get to the end.

Need one from a 04 R1 or R6 if i rember correctly comes with the grip that matches a busa too

Just to clarifity it's the plastic throttle tube and the grip is all you need.

That doesn't make it awkward having one hand a larger diameter than the other?

And I'm not to into rims on bikes. Lotta cash for a part that is very covered up. Unless your stretched or single sided I don't see a big diff.
Posted via Mobile Device

That doesn't make it awkward having one hand a larger diameter than the other?

And I'm not to into rims on bikes. Lotta cash for a part that is very covered up. Unless your stretched or single sided I don't see a big diff.
Posted via Mobile Device

The grip itself is not larder in diameter but the cam that the cable runs through for the throttle is the only bit that is larger

Oh oh, that makes a lot more sense. Thanks for clarifying. I like simple mods like that as well. Better than dropping a grand everytime I look at it ha ha.
Posted via Mobile Device

mm wouldn't know. Haven't pegged the Tach yet.

I like wheelies though. 12oclock is a nice place to hang out.

and In all honesty its about 4700-4800rpm highway riding

cool bike, santa brought me some black vortex rearsets last xmas and i love them, easy install, easy adjustment, look and feel great.

i run 17 43 and i like that setup. i may try 16 43 next. but i don't know, i do alot of highway riding.

17 43 seems to be the most popular set up on here.

when I blow this set and get some extenders I think I will try that too.

im pretty helbent on proving you can wheelie a 4 inch stretch

Me and my father own cannon cycles and we do alot of street strip bikes and exotic cycles makes really nice swingarm extentions for not a whole lot of money then maybe some mild head work and some carpenter cams.:thumbsup:

First thing would be to remove that 14th front sprocket and swap in atleast a 16th. (Stock is 17th) That is unless you like shifting a whole bunch.

Check out boostbysmith(plenty of links around here) best and cheapest way to tune the thing, regardless of what engine mods u do or will have.

Back