pc3 usb quetion

psycobusa

Registered
just wanted to know if the black ground wire could be connected to the steel subframe of the bike instead of connecting it to the neg side of the battery like the manual says. the wire doesnt reach the battery from the place i want to install it and i dont want to splice in extra wire if i dont need to. thanks

Follow the neg of the battery out, with all the bushings and plastic I don't know. If you have a meter ohm it out. Best bet, splice. You want that baby right. What have you done, went back with a stock '06 motor
rock.gif

Not sure where you are instralling it, but I had no prob with mine reaching.

its going in the far most rear of the tail.....back behind where the trunk latch is. the black ground wire doesnt reach the battery from there.

I put mine in that little cut out right next to the prop bar, standind on it's side. You can't even tell it's there.

(psycobusa @ Aug. 28 2007,12:37) just wanted to know if the black ground wire could be connected to the steel subframe of the bike instead of connecting it to the neg side of the battery like the manual says. the wire doesnt reach the battery from the place i want to install it and i dont want to splice in extra wire if i dont need to. thanks
I would run a wire from the - battery post to the subframe to make sure that you have a good ground.
Then just ground the PC to the subframe...make sure you scrape off any paint so you get a good connection.

(BA BUSA @ Aug. 29 2007,05:14)
(psycobusa @ Aug. 28 2007,12:37) just wanted to know if the black ground wire could be connected to the steel subframe of the bike instead of connecting it to the neg side of the battery like the manual says. the wire doesnt reach the battery from the place i want to install it and i dont want to splice in extra wire if i dont need to. thanks
I would run a wire from the - battery post to the subframe to make sure that you have a good ground.
Then just ground the PC to the subframe...make sure you scrape off any paint so you get a good connection.
Exactly what I did with my eletronics in the tail.

I also use a star washers (in the middle of this picture) between the wires and the frame.

Washers.agr.jpg

turns out i couldnt put it in the back like i wanted...the main wires werent long enough to reach the the injector harness. i ended up just putting it on top of the ecu. thanks for the help guys.

Back