BatteryTender Plus

thesnake

Registered
I've never used a battery tender before and thinking of picking one up from all the rave reviews on .org.

Couple questions please

-- do you connect both pos/neg to the posts or do you ground on the frame?
-- do you need to disconnect th post/neg connections or remove battery or can you just clamp it in place?
-- does the desulphurizing really work or is it largely a marketing gimmick? How soon can benefits take effect?

Sorry for the brain dead questions, as you can tell I don't know much about batteries ;)

Well, you said you've read all the reviews so I'll just say what I use. I have two Deltran battery tender Jrs for my three bikes. Two of them have six year old batteries in them. The connections are straight forward, right on the terminals. The Jr comes with two different style hookups.

Well, you said you've read all the reviews so I'll just say what I use. I have two Deltran battery tender Jrs for my three bikes. Two of them have six year old batteries in them. The connections are straight forward, right on the terminals. The Jr comes with two different style hookups.

Me too just like that.
The 2 styles are a direct connection (goes under the existing battery bolts) or a set of clips to clip on the terminals - your choice.

I have a battery tender jr., and all four of my bikes have the pigtail wired to the battery. I can just plug it in on any of the bikes. My battery in the busa is the one that came in it in 2005.:thumbsup:

I have BT Plus for the Busa -- I just used the fish eye connectors directly to the battery and ran the connector out one of the rear vents ---

Not sure about Q #3 --- but so far I've had great luck --- I think it's been 2 years and counting <crossing fingers>

Back