PC3 Maps?

(Shibumi @ Jan. 02 2007,10:12) 1. I don't know how much trouble it would be- it shouldn't take very much storage space, they are pretty small files.

2. The selection on PC website is VERY limited- I would bet we could put up about 400% more maps for Busa's than they have. For instance, when I put in my BMC race filter they had exactly ZERO maps for BMC filters, race or standard.
rock.gif

You've been around longer than I have Wag, how many threads have you seen asking for a map? I know I've seen a lot just since June, so if it's not a huge ordeal to do it I think it would be a big help.
Truthfully, I've seen very few. But that isn't my focus as I peruse this board so I'm biased without intent. If that makes any sense!

I do wonder, though, if they are being requested, do people e-mail them back and forth? Maybe instead of a database, it makes more sense to start a separate forum where people can request them and have them e-mailed.

Again, just brainstorming.

--Wag--

Oh, it bears mentioning that I don't really know how much effort it would take to put a library on the board, either, so I can't really speak to that.

--Wag--

i understand the dyno maps now thanks to alot of your input.
i will offer this to anyone, when i go and get my dyno map tuned in so to speak i will give it to anyone that ask, and they can tweak it how they see fit. if maps are listed on this board i would recomend that whoever donated the map would also give there elevation and other specif info so that whoever downloads can come close

When I installed my Ti-Force Exhaust, BMC Filter and PCIIIusb, I used the download map and it was way off. My bike dropped from an average of 42 mpg to just over 30 mpg. I then had it dyno tuned only to gain a couple mpg increase.

I finally found some time yesterday and worked on the maps myself. I made small adjustments and went out to ride. Came back in and did it again. After about 6 sessions, I think its damn near perfect.

Back