PC3 Maps?

V8N3T

More mods plz..
Donating Member
Registered
Sorry if im beating a dead horse here or bringing up some old news. But What ever happend to the idea of having a thread or database strictly for the PC3 maps as far as custom and what people are running? Along with all the mods and adjustments to their bike that would effect the PC3? Was just wondering. If needed I can start a database and route it to the .org

Leme know if I can help.

beerchug.gif

That is actually an awesome idea. I am having a hard time finding a map for my bike, and I know there has to be one available somewhere!

well I can do this:

Make a website that is pretty much a giant index of bikes.

Make -> Model -> Year -> Specifications -> Map

It would be very easy to use, and I could get everyone to send me the maps via email with ALL the detailed info. I could also Include where the map was made and the dyno results if it is included. Depends, leme know what yall think and I can make it happen faster than my room mate drops his kids off at the pool.
firedevil.gif

Have you all went to the power commander web site? I havent been there in awhile but last I looked that had a good assortment of maps you can download, which might be why the idea hasnt taken off here..

Not sure.. I have my map so it is not really an item on my radar I guess...

try the power commander web site....

(thrasherfox @ Dec. 20 2006,21:47) Have you all went to the power commander web site? I havent been there in awhile but last I looked that had a good assortment of maps you can download, which might be why the idea hasnt taken off here..

Not sure.. I have my map so it is not really an item on my radar I guess...

try the power commander web site....
Yeah...what's wrong with Dynojet.com
rock.gif

i think he is refering more to custom maps than the downloaded ones on dynojet.
i could be wrong.

(thepushercg @ Dec. 21 2006,03:30) i think he is referring more to custom maps than the  downloaded ones on dynojet.
i could be wrong.
Custom maps are for a SPECIFIC BIKE...they aren't gonna work any better than one from a download
ices_rofl.gif

(BA BUSA @ Dec. 21 2006,05:flamethrowing:)
(thepushercg @ Dec. 21 2006,03:30) i think he is referring more to custom maps than the  downloaded ones on dynojet.
i could be wrong.
Custom maps are for a SPECIFIC BIKE...they aren't gonna work any better than one from a download  
ices_rofl.gif
ok that throws me a bit, if i use the downloaded map from dynojet you think i would not have any improvement by taking my bike and putting it on the dyno to get a custom map for it ?
what i am getting at is if there is no difference then it would be a waste of 300 bucks to tune your bike on a dyno if the dynojet download is as good .
if this is the case then amen brother we can save some money for other important mods.
im just asking questions because an inquring mind wants to find out the bottom line... happy new year to all.

(GSXRFANN @ Dec. 21 2006,01:15) I am having a hard time finding a map for my bike, and I know there has to be one available somewhere!
I might be able to fix you up . I bettered Proffessor's custom map by a couple mph thru the 1/4 with cyber tuning and modded a few other maps for members here .

Send me all your mods and altitude if you want .

Ok Enough is Enough..Fellas listen and listen closely...A dyno is just that a dyno.It is a tuning tool,it doesn't make something run perfect...It's not a bible...I can build 1 map for a busa and it may or may not  work in the next busa with the same mods.Motorcycles one from the next are like me and the person reading this post,different but with some of the same characteristics..There are so many different things that affect the tune of a bike,you can use the next mans map to get you in the ball park,but it's not gonna be the "Perfect Tune" for your bike....Air,Density,Humidity,Altitude,Amount of spark energy,where you start the rpm for dynoing a bike,sprocket and chain condition,tire pressure...etc will affect a tune......believe all the hype if you like this is the true version not the smoke and mirrors version of mapping a motorcycle or car....there are to many variations to have the perfect tune...I have dyno bikes and taken them on the street and track and I have taken bikes and never put them on a dyno and tuned them and let me tell you a dyno queen can be smoked all day by a real time tuned bike....Take this for what it is,you can use someone else's map to ball park your setup but a dyno tune and some real time tuning used together is the best way to tune a bike....look at it this way sitting on a dyno,a bike and the ecu take none of the main outside conditions you actually ride in into consideration when tuning a bike the OPERATOR needs too...I'm done here hope you all can understand this if not grab a chair and start doing your research...

(GoldenChild @ Dec. 31 2006,20:14) let me tell you a dyno queen can be smoked all day by a real time tuned bike....
No doubt . Funny to see 165hp Busa's laying it on the 175HP queens .

But when a guy see's a A/F chart way off it's easy to tune in a mph gain up top. Drivability problems through the middle at the various TP's , another story . Even the cam timing can vary .

Get em close on the dyno and the tuning is half way done  
biggrin.gif

(GoldenChild @ Dec. 31 2006,15:14) Ok Enough is Enough..Fellas listen and listen closely...A dyno is just that a dyno.It is a tuning tool,it doesn't make something run perfect...It's not a bible...I can build 1 map for a busa and it may or may not  work in the next busa with the same mods.Motorcycles one from the next are like me and the person reading this post,different but with some of the same characteristics..There are so many different things that affect the tune of a bike,you can use the next mans map to get you in the ball park,but it's not gonna be the "Perfect Tune" for your bike....Air,Density,Humidity,Altitude,Amount of spark energy,where you start the rpm for dynoing a bike,sprocket and chain condition,tire pressure...etc will affect a tune......believe all the hype if you like this is the true version not the smoke and mirrors version of mapping a motorcycle or car....there are to many variations to have the perfect tune...I have dyno bikes and taken them on the street and track and I have taken bikes and never put them on a dyno and tuned them and let me tell you a dyno queen can be smoked all day by a real time tuned bike....Take this for what it is,you can use someone else's map to ball park your setup but a dyno tune and some real time tuning used together is the best way to tune a bike....look at it this way sitting on a dyno,a bike and the ecu take none of the main outside conditions you actually ride in into consideration when tuning a bike the OPERATOR needs too...I'm done here hope you all can understand this if not grab a chair and start doing your research...
Great post Daniel  
wink.gif

Guys a "custom map" is done for one and ONLY one bike...tuners will save their maps so they have a starting point for the next time they have the same model bike with close to the same mods.

You could take 10 new bikes with identical mods and they will ALL run their BEST with a custom map tuned for each individual bike. Sure you could make a map that would benefit all 10...but now if those 10 bikes are in different parts of the country/world as are the members of this board the differences in climate...especially altitude can make a HUGE difference in the way the will perform.

Dyno tuning and a custom map for your bike is the ONLY way to get the bike to perform it's best for your type of riding.

It is a good idea about a .org database to share maps...just that it would be a waste of time because there are so many sources out there already with that info.  

What works for mine...may not work on yours  
wink.gif
even if our bikes have EXACTLY the same mods.

wink.gif

(mountainmotor @ Dec. 31 2006,15:28)
(GoldenChild @ Dec. 31 2006,20:14) let me tell you a dyno queen can be smoked all day by a real time tuned bike....
No doubt . Funny to see 165hp Busa's laying it on the 175HP queens .

But when a guy see's a A/F chart way off it's easy to tune in a mph gain up top. Drivability problems through the middle at the various TP's , another story . Even the cam timing can vary .

Get em close on the dyno and the tuning is half way done  
biggrin.gif
+1 Too many "dyno queens" out there...

Without load control which the Dynojet 250i has, I agree, a dyno tune is almost there. Thanks to the Eddie current addition, that some of the newer dyno's have, you can get the machine much much closer. A vast improvement over the enertia based machines of the past. Load control was added to simulate road conditions while on the dyno, making it a more realistic tune. Tuning in a 16 to 1 air change per minute, climate controlled room is another perk. Dynojets technical team tunes million dollar race bikes on the 250i and in the same type of climate controlled room. The proper updated equipement allows for the operator to be creative about where that load is applied and how much to apply.  Chat with Walter from the Coby Adams Camp "Rickey Gadson's Tuner" he is one of the best dyno tuners in the country. If your bike was not dyno tuned on a load control dyno, it was half tuned.....Not everyone heads to the drag strip with their machine and for those that do a data logger will put the final touches on your tune. Dynojet 250i...............data loggers are used by many...

Identical mods, same year bike, close mileage, same fuel grade and altitude you can share a map and use it as a baseline..it won't take much to dial it in from there. It's not Rocket science.

Back