passenger helmet

brightman

Registered
Ok guys, new here, and yes I did a search but didn' t see exactly what I need. what helmet is your passengers using...i.e.full face ,3/4, and what kind. my wife wants to start riding with me and she doesn't know what she wants , so help me out. thanks

My wife and other passengers all wear full-face. No full-facie no ridie.

But seriously, take her to a shop and have her try on lots of helmets. Find one that fits first. Looks come second to protection.

My wife and other passengers all wear full-face. No full-facie no ridie.

But seriously, take her to a shop and have her try on lots of helmets. Find one that fits first. Looks come second to protection.

Exactly. Full face is the only way to go in my opinion.

thanks guys. she keeps saying she doesnt want a full face but I know she should.

Then get her a modular helmet, full face that flips up. There are many brands on the market that range in price. Full face protection with convenience of open face.

On an added note,

I wear a Shoei RF-1000, I want to get an X-11, now my next new pass helmet will be another RF-1000, that way I can have one with a clear shield and one with the tinted shield to go from both.

All shields from Shoei work on X-11, RF-1000 and the TZR.

I recommend a full face. Why you ask?

IMG00290.jpg

Well when i had a lady on the back of mine she was so persistant on having PINK PINK PINK so i said what ever you have to wear it. But it was always a full faced Joe Rocket Helmet. Or an Icon i have found my past two lady friends have liked very much. Good luck with trying to get what she wants!:laugh:

Same as mine and matching :laugh:

Full Face brother, anything else isn't a helmet to me ....

Totally agree and thanks.And thanks for the info on the shields from shoei. that helps.I wish someone would make one that has 2 shields,one tinted and one clear that flip up into the helmet or something,pain carrying extra shield or wearing sunglasses, as they mess with my periphial vision.Damn hope ya wasn't hurt too bad on the crash GSXcite.Looks like the helmet did its job.good advice , thanks

Totally agree and thanks.And thanks for the info on the shields from shoei. that helps.I wish someone would make one that has 2 shields,one tinted and one clear that flip up into the helmet or something,pain carrying extra shield or wearing sunglasses, as they mess with my periphial vision.Damn hope ya wasn't hurt too bad on the crash GSXcite.Looks like the helmet did its job.good advice , thanks
After lowsiding into a pole at 60 mph avoiding a deer. Broken collerbone was it. Was in the garage starting the repair 15 min. after getting out of the hospital thanks to good gear. Wear the best you can afford.:thumbsup::laugh:

IMG00276.jpg

IMG00305.jpg

IMG00314.jpg

I agree,better buy a helmet with her.Let her fit until she feel comfortable with any of the choices.Full face helmet as always for assurance.

Back