Looking For A New Helmet....

Nope, it's an RF1200. I'll post pics a lil later when I leave work but I wanted to see if anyone could guess the color.

Had to get it. I'm the happy new owner of a Shoei RF1200 and Sena 10C. Time to vlog.

20160311_163813.jpg

yea the Gold is kool. problem is u can't ride at night with it cause its too dark. I had one myself. worked great in the day time but that made it necessary to carry another shield around which was a PITA.

I just looked at the youtube video review and read some reviews....they go something like this....

Jimmy Yew6 months ago
very disappointed with this helmet. after less than a year, the interior lining seams started to come apart and the screws on the side holding the visor mechanism started to rust. On top of that its very noisy. I just got myself a Shoei GT Air and its not even comparable. In terms of noise level, its like I was driving in a convertible and then moving into a hard top.

I think I'm just gonna get a RF1200...

I just bought my third RF, the first was a RF 700 (guess how long ago THAT was) and the 700 still looks great, but of coarse a decade or so out of date. My 1200 is such an improvement over a line I was already sold on so I am really pleased with it. I have been a bell star fan and used AVG and a couple of others but I'm sticking with Shoei.
Modular is nice now, way quiet because it closes tighter around your chin (can't get that tight with a full face and still get it over your head) but the visor is too short to me like a bad fitting pair of sunglasses that annoy you from light coming up and blinding you. And BTW no track days with a mod helmet (in case that is why Snell was mentioned)
Schuberth is a good second choice as it is said to be a tiny bit quieter than the RF BUT it has issues with the cheap interior that I was not impressed with.
Just my 2 cents worth.

ud think the money Schuberth charges their helmets wudnt be so cheap inside. I wasn't impressed with it either wen I went to revzilla to try a few on

I have to agree with the rf1200, just swapped my Icon alliance for one, suits my sena smh10r perfectly with the speaker cut outs. Only rode with it once because its still a lil chilly here in indiana but its soo quiet as well!

I have to agree with GN, the Shoei RF1200 is a great helmet.
I have 2 Shoei's; an RF1100 and a Neotec. The RF is much lighter.
The Neotec has stainless steel hardware to keep the face piece latched, very secure.
It's very well made and completely up to the Shoei standard.
I won't get another Neotec though.

Back