Paris/Dakar Busa

OB_maui

Registered
OK since Dirty Pete's gonna be snowed in this winter I'll take the initiative and volunteer his bike for the Paris/Dakar rally. We'll need an 18 over swing arm from frank, a turbo set up from Yngve, and Todd will no doubt be able to supply the rack of lights from all the previous cars he's had. And to show you how generous I am, I will pay (one way) to airfreight Pete's bike to my shop here where the Frankenstein can be born. Lots of beaches here to practice on. Kawabuser will have to provide security while in North Africa, and all smuggling details should go to falconcop as he has the best connections for such things.

I think Dirty Pete would make an excellent Dakar pilot as his fear chromosome seems to be misplaced. The only draw back I can see to this, is that we're going to have to paint his bike international orange for safety reasons, the 40 gallon fuel tank needs to be seen from far off.

Any one got a good connection on a set of sand tires? VegasDude?

Sorry Hapo, so many serious threads end up so crazy, I thought if I started a really crazy one something serious would develop

Dirty Pete, we all have flame throwers here. So your igloo trick will not work, you might as well go along it will be easier on you.

I will volunteer my time to refuel Dirty Pete, someone else will have to take care of the petrol though. I imagine I will have my hands full just pouring the Bourbon (Jim Beam OK).

Team Hayabusa and Dumanic's crew will probably take on a duty I am sure.

Now it's just a matter of logistics, Has anyone driven a sixteen wheel Jim Beam Tanker across the desert before?

Alright, this thread has gotten serious.

If you think you're gonna steal my bike from me, run crazy with it picking up college girls on Hawaiian beaches all winter, then ship me off to some god-forsaken desert to do battle with drunken French Foreign Legion vets, scorpions and Allah-besotted mid-easterners on steroid-enhanced BMWs, you got another think.

I've just chained my Busa to the igloo.

I looked at the Ohlins site a few days ago. They don't make anything for the Busa yet. Maybe we can get them to come up with something for DP's bike when in runs in the P-D. I'm sure the fact that DP's bike will be totally repainted to resemble the Ohlins logo, coupled with the buying power of H.org, will be all the incentive Ohlins needs to come up with shocks and forks for the H.
This is serious.

But Pete, think of the adventure!

Toss on some paddle tires that'll fit, and tie a 20 foot streamer (scarlet red!!) to the tail so we can spot you in the TV footage.

We'll gather at the local hangout, lean back in the chairs, and for each 170 mph jump off a sand dune, we'll drink a cold one in your honor! :)

The scorpions won't know what hit them, and if anyone starts shooting, you'll have plenty more HP from the turbo kit. Hit the ludicrous speed button, and you'll be two stages ahead in no time. Don't go too fast though . . . otherwise the chopper won't be able to track you, and we won't know the exact moment to chug down the next pitcher (ehh, not that it'd mattter, hehe) :)

Ohlins DOES have something for the Busa (don't know if it will be any good in the sand).

Springs 8656-90
Shock SU841

At least according to distributor over here?

I want a helicopter. No one's bringing a helicopter for me. All those Paris - Dakar guys get helicopters and I want one too!

A red one, with no mufflers.

How would all you guys feel cheering for the .org SandBusa and it's the only entry that doesn't have a radly painted up chopper right overhead taking video, throwing sandwiches down and hangin' naked girls on a rope for the rider to lick...

They ALL get helicopters...and what do I get?

An old tanker truck.

That tanker need a partition, needs some goodole Ga shine 190 proof. this could be attached to a micro switch on the Ohlins forks to auto inject when airborn. we could take pressure from the turbo to get ram effect on the tank and the hooka when airborn. Then dirty pete could really fly.

your right, Crops In !
HEHE

[This message has been edited by BJ (edited 13 October 1999).]

One red helicopter coming up. It's a Notar, DEA is selling real cheap, engine jumped out at 700' alt. Couple of bullet holes but it's fixable. Machine gun mounts (side gunner only) couple of other goodies from previous missions include OJ's missing gloves, bill Clinton date book, and a couple files marked TOP SECRET. Might come in handy when we're trying to negotiate the release of DP's bike from the camel jockeys.

Hapo has reluctantly agreed to be press secretary (I had to throw in one sweetie pie Hawaiian girl to close that deal) Hapo like dat one! If we can convince Pammy Anderson to be the flag girl at the finish, I'm sure Dirty Pete will waive all prize money.

Animal, you are right about the Ohlins. I sent an e-mail to www.ohlins.nl. They replied that the shock is SU 841 46PCRS, $786. They have the fork springs, $114 (no part number given). Shipping to US is $26.
You can order directly from Wim Kroom Import - Wim.Kroom.Import@inter.NL.net (they run the Ohlins web site). Tel 31 485 453911

Jeeeeeeeeeeeezzzz, that's painful, thanks to sales-tax I have to pay more for it even though this distributor is only a few dozen miles away from me.

I volunteer to bring gasoline. Since Norway is the second largest exporter of mineral oil ( only beaten by Saudi Arabia ) we have enough of the black gold so Ill make a deal here and bring down all the oil Franks bike can use. And then some.

Looks like things are shapeing up for Dirty Pete's assault on the Paris Dakar run.

BJ your offer is noted and the partition will be in place.

Yngve, frank has not yet joined in this epic journey into Hayabusa madness.

Jim Beam is being contacted for sponsorship.

I will donate some old KTM parts I have laying around, and the girls hanging from the rope, alright maybe just the rope.

Back