OPINION POLL: \"Dirty Pete\" GOOD GUY / BAD GUY

OB_KawAbuser

Registered
Dirty Pete has moved on to Rangers site, due to a letter from the Hayabusa.org founder Chase Giles.

I am curious as to if other members care about our ex-fellow member Dirty Pete. I have found the topics and information DP offered here in this Forum as "entertaining" to say the least. Pete offered to create a Club Patch and recently pulled this site through this fall's drought of posts with the Hayabusaland fantasy country.

Maybe if there was new blood allowed here this may not have happened, I hope it was not the Hayabusaland which condemed our Canadian friend DP.

I will miss his thoughful posts, he made me laugh out loud more than once. And anyone who can make you laugh can't be all bad.

The way I score it:

Hayabusa.org -1
Hayabusa-online +1

Maybe nobody cares, but if you do I would like to hear your opinion GOOD or BAD.

Chase could we hear from you on this, sir.

I really dont care one way or the other. However, I have always wondered how people can have their entire lives revolve around a motorcycle web-site. Its Chase's site, he has the right to do what he wants---if we dont like it--dont log on.

I was unaware of DPs problem. What happened? I posted a topic yesterday about a fuel pump and got a reply from him. He stikes me as very vocal and opinionated and with a lot of time on his hands to write so many posts. Canadian eccentric and entertaining but, I suspect, mostly harmless!

I will miss DP. His take on things is unique, and although I don't always agree with his views/posts I always enjoy reading his perspective.

DP had ( in past sentence ) made over 1450 replys here. Almost one tenth of all replys. Like it or not, I read his ones first. If DP had anything to say people listened. Now he is gone and I am soon to. Who is next? KawaBuser, Maui gsxrturbo1, Ducmanic? Shall we all go and be afraid of the big bad wolf ?
Let Chase know that he made a HUGE MISTAKE this time.

[This message has been edited by Yngve (edited 06 December 1999).]

As long as a member is not disruptive, and is not trying to hack the site, or making
terrorist threats they have not really offended any one. I fear i may not make the cut. Please check the http://www.labusas.org/
for a "anything goes" Chat Board. This will not be for the faint of heart. The board shoud be up by January 00.
ducmanic

This just doesn't make sense. DP posted a lot but I never saw a post of his that was out of line. I would like to have seen the complete message exchange between Chase and DP. When you just see an excerpt from a message its hard to draw conclusions. It looks like something bad was brewing between them.

Okay...here we go, but I hate airing dirty laundry in public. I emailed Pete specifically about this.

People are starting something without any idea as what you're talking about. Pete was NOT banned, he was asked to quit being such an *** . I've gone out of my way to help Pete in the past and didn't appreciate the attitude I was getting. I was going to ban Pete because his comments really bothered me in light of this previous assistance and the fact that this is a free site. I changed my mind and sent him a simple email asking that he refrain from doing so in the future...that simple.

I also explained that should he continue to feel the way he does, he would probably be better off using Ranger's site exclusively. If I had wanted Pete to leave, I would have banned him...I didn't, so I didn't.

My problem is simple...I am getting hell from a relatively small group of individuals about things not being done the way that they would prefer. I have answer questions repeatedly as to why registration is currently shut down and why pictures aren't posted yet, etc. Every time I have to answer it, it takes away from the time needed to actually work on the solution. This is very frustrating to me as I would love to have everything taken care of and up...I have to live with that frustration and I'm doing my best to do so. No matter how you look at it, however, this site IS my site and I make it so that you guys can share it.

I actually like Pete and think he's a good part of the site., but anyone is bound to "get a few wrong" out of 1450 posts. That said, there is no possible way that I deserve name calling or people being a pain in the *** while I'm trying to provide this.

I told Pete that and I stick by that move.

BigDog

Nice to finally see a reply from BigDog! I know you are a very busy man, but it seemed Pete was getting upset because none of his requests/concerns were getting replies. I understand both sides.

Hopefully Pete can acept that this site will remain the same with regular users for awhile untill BigDog changes it -- at which point I am sure the delay in letting in new members etc will result in a much better group of members.

If Pete wants new blood to feed off of, I guess he has to hang out at Ranger's site also!
:)

Personally, I prefer this sites layout alot more than Rangers (no offence Ranger). This site seems to have the theory -- less is more.

Come back Pete! We need your valuable input!!! Good or Bad!

This is kinda silly,
Pete seems like a good guy but I find
myself thinkin like Earl a bit. Keep
it lite,keep it fun and informative

Maybe DP will be back after a while. If he (DP) thought this site gets slow wait till he hangs around Ranger's site for a while. I know you're reading this DP. Give it some thought before you blow off H.org completely. If not then I'll see you on the other site. Maybe we should just let NinjaNag give you a piece of her mind till you respond?!

This is BigDogs site so I guess he can do what he thinks is right,we should be thankfull for him starting this site also.I do feel that DirtyPete was a huge contributor to this forum and will be missed......Why can`t we all just get along?

...the problem is the same as the one as on the Bulldog Boards...it the nature of people who would even want one to be competive and pugnacious, so what do you expect? Go start a Honda Gold Wing Site if you only want the "nice" people...most of the "nice" ones don't contribute half as much as an *** like 'Pete! But ultimatly this is Big Dog's site, and if Pete wants to be an *** about it, this is truly our loss...I will cut 'Dog some slack on this as it be his site and all, but can certainly see where 'Pete be comming from too...I Just post what you want, 'Pete, and if he bans ya, we will all think less of 'Dog...and surly in time move away...I've been looking at your posts all along and can't see why you would get a "letter" if Hapo and a few others didn't! Like it or not, Old Fools like ol'Pete are what give this site the PEP it has compared to all the other Buas sites(at present) Even 'COP must egearly look forward to the inane creativity spewing forth from the depraved Canuc on a daily basis...although he feels, for Manly Reasons, that he must conceal his admiration for the ".org Oracal", and I don't blame him...them Brit types might get "ideas"!

Geez Hapo, for a psycho multiple-personality guy you sure have some good insight on what makes people tick.

BigDog, Pete; come on Dudes, patch it up. Pete, be big about it, man...come on back.

Back