Painters

DEMMYM

Donating Member
Registered
I saw this ad for these Decals and really liked the look of the Bike, However I dont want decals, would rather have them airbrushed on, Can you guys give me a roundabout price on what it would cost to have this done.

After work Im going to stop by a shop of a guy I knew 10 yrs ago and see what he would charge me, Just want to know what Im in store for.

Misty is an 07 Sonoma Candy Red, I figure either Grey or Silver Barb Wire. What do you guys think ?
==========================================================

barb wire.JPG

MISTY.jpg

Of course...for a minute I thought you was gonna put Pam on your tank~!~

The bard wire is a stencil set the up can get to help make sure all the bards are exact.
Problem it what you wanting th whole bike will have to be sanded down a then spray the barbwires and then clear the whole bike. Youjust cant do the wires.
SO if you want to do the wires maybe think about going with a tru candy red paint for the ultimate POP.

The bard wire is a stencil set the up can get to help make sure all the bards are exact.
Problem it what you wanting th whole bike will have to be sanded down a then spray the barbwires and then clear the whole bike. Youjust cant do the wires.
SO if you want to do the wires maybe think about going with a tru candy red paint for the ultimate POP.

Kinda what I was thinking, Adds to the price significantly, I spoke with a guy across the street that owns a shop where they do wrap jobs, He said if I tried just the Barbs with Decals there would probably be a Halo, ( I dont want that )

Ohhhhhhh and I have told a couple peeps about your bike.

Prepping the bike is cake. I would highly recommend removing all the plastics, wrapping the naked bike in plastic and reinstalling the bodywork(minus lights and such) to help all your lines to line up and to help in the visual aspect of how things will look as your going along.

funny my painter air brushed over my candy sonoma paint without any problems at all ..and then clear coated over the whole set when done

btwe I think razor wire looks way more intimidating

1.jpg

Last edited:
Painting over whats there now isnt a problem at all, What i was say is your allready there might as well doctor up the color rather than having a stock color. The candy he is on a busa really is not a true candy. A true candy job has so much depth and different color hues that you just can't get out of a normal paint job. A proper candy job looks like you can put your hand into the paint. Your just gonna need to reclear the whole bike no matter what you get into on painting.

cake. just scuff the clear that's on your bike now, then airbrush the barb wire on top, then clear coat, wet sand to smooth/ level, then clear coat again, and done.

pm sent.

I would guess 5-7 hundred...they should scuff the whole panel...do the artwork and re-clear the whole panel...materials seem like $100-150 base + clear, some money for sandpaper and other bs...it is really ability with the airbrush....the artwork is black, silver and white for highlights...less than a qt of clear to cover the bike...but then again some shops that have a good reputation can demand higher prices.

I put some barb wire on my bike last December. Didn't turn out too well though.:whistle:

Back