painted fairing inner panels

EdC

Registered
I've been away from this board for a few months and may be behind a little on what's available.

I have an '03 LE and purchased painted inners for it from a vendor about three years ago but I've just never been happy with the color match. In all fairness, I believe some of the problem is that they are not smoothed, as that wasn't offered back then, and the texture of the panels lightens the color somewhat. I contacted him about having these redone or purchasing another set and just am not happy with what he is offering me. I don't want to put anyone down, so I'm not mentioning his name but would like to know what persons provide this service so I can explore my options.

Thanks for the help.

Ed

I can tell you from personal experience do not use vender listed above.

Awful..just awful. Dirt in clearcoat, runs in clearcoat etc. He uses color-rite paint which runs off color. Comes close to stock but not stock color.

I had mine redone at Gator Customs. Perfect. These guys care and do outstanding work.

I have a small fortune in mine do to the fact they had to be completly redone. Painting these is not an easy task and involves a lot of work because of the release agent used when the plastic panels are forged in the press.

I don't have there number anymore but do a search and you will find them. Don't make the mistake I did and pay twice.

r8

CIMG0181.JPG

Awful..just awful. Dirt in clearcoat, runs in clearcoat etc. He uses color-rite paint which runs off color. Comes close to stock but not stock color.

I had mine redone at Gator Customs. Perfect. These guys care and do outstanding work.

I have a small fortune in mine do to the fact they had to be completly redone. Painting these is not an easy task and involves a lot of work because of the release agent used when the plastic panels are forged in the press.

I don't have there number anymore but do a search and you will find them. Don't make the mistake I did and pay twice.

r8
Ditto they did my mirrors with they same results.. color way off, dirt in the paint and so on.. Had my mirrors done a second time at a local body shop.. cheaper and better..
winkold.gif

Here is the color-rite paint Brendanp did on my mirrors. Excellent jod by the way..
shake.gif

Since the mirrors extend away from the fairings it blends in good with the human eye however, if you held the mirror next to the fairing it is darker. It's just color-rite paint.

Not real good picks but all I have for now.

r8

110_1059.JPG

r8
Looks great John.

Here is the color-rite paint Brendanp did on my mirrors. Excellent jod by the way..
shake.gif

Since the mirrors extend away from the fairings it blends in good with the human eye however, if you held the mirror next to the fairing it is darker. It's just color-rite paint.

Not real good picks but all I have for now.

r8
Wow! Those mirrors look fantastic. Brendan did a great job. Helluva guy to paint your mirrors.
whistling.gif

Yep R8, that's a nice bike. Now, getting back to the original topic, do we have a board member who sells painted inner panels as BigBS suggested?

Ed

i have done them, mine and mc's i have two more sets to get too next month, it takes me about a week since i work on them in the evenings, i really dont like doing them, because of the color drifts,,,,but being winter i dont mind if someones not in a hurryand not too picky, as for the color, i can only get as close as colorrites paint or by what we match at the shop and thats not a perfect hit.i can give you directions on doing them and save you some money if you want.

Back