how to smooth out inner panel?

tony01

Registered
just wondering if anybody knows how to smooth out the panel on the busa,i want to paint my panel the same color of bike,if someone know what to do and what i need to do this project it will be helpful.

thanks

just wondering if anybody knows how to smooth out the panel on the busa,i want to paint my panel the same color of bike,if someone know what to do and what i need to do this project it will be helpful.

thanks

You can watersand yer a$$ off or you can sand, fill with a good flexible primer, sand again and paint, clear....
If you are not savvy on painting, then give it to a pro

You can watersand yer a$$ off or you can sand, fill with a good flexible primer, sand again and paint, clear....
If you are not savvy on painting, then give it to a pro

+100000000
sand and primer sand alil more and primer or paint. primer and paint will fill alot of it...

Last edited:
When painting plastics, you gut to use a flex agent in the paint /primer, or it will crack. Same sh!t they use on plastic bumpers. Dont be a fool and try to do it yerself if you dont know what you are doing....

i'm a painter by trade. this is how you smooth it and paint it.

Sand the texture 3/4 way off with 180-320 grit on a DA sander if you have one. if not, you're hand will be sore for a while if you're a first timer:lol:

wash and clean with a detergent soap and wipe down with a wax and grease remover. an adhesion promotor is going to be needed since you will be spraying right over a bare plastic. then spray 2-3 coats of primer with a flex agent mixed in. sand the primer with 320-400 and reprime. use an adhesion promotor over any bare plastic areas you see. sand 2nd coating of primer with 400-600 grit.

clean again with a wax and grease remover. spray a primer sealer over them and then your base and clear. all with the flex agent mixed in.

Sand the texture 3/4 way off with 180-320 grit on a DA sander if you have one. if not, you're hand will be sore for a while if you're a first timer:lol:

wash and clean with a detergent soap and wipe down with a wax and grease remover. an adhesion promotor is going to be needed since you will be spraying right over a bare plastic. then spray 2-3 coats of primer with a flex agent mixed in. sand the primer with 320-400 and reprime. use an adhesion promotor over any bare plastic areas you see. sand 2nd coating of primer with 400-600 grit.

clean again with a wax and grease remover. spray a primer sealer over them and then your base and clear. all with the flex agent mixed in.

Yeah what he said...:thumbsup:

ok so how much to do mine? sold my DA/air file/ spray guns about 8 years ago and have NO desire to buy any more... (life is good without paint) :)

just a couple of pics of smoothed plastics from my old show truck to show you the results

after sanding some of the pieces for the interior:
fiberglass004.jpg

primed:
fiberglass011.jpg

painted:
dashpainted010-1.jpg

During installation
interiorinstall008.jpg

For anyone that has not done it, it's not fun... :whistle:

It's all in the preperation... spraying is the fun part...if yer good!

Last edited:
Chopped hayabusa front fender i did!
IMG_9135.jpg

My 3rd bike i own/painted...all House of kolor urethane,,
DSC00001.jpg

Last edited:
....this is going to sound quite wierd...but are you from lake city florida by chance? PM me. I dont want to thread jack this guy

Last edited:
Hell no! I'm from Assachusetts!

those are yankee trees you see there Sir!

Back