inner panels

Do a search. There are numerous threads on it. Very labor intensive if you do it the right way.

if you want to do the inners right is time consuming, start wtih 400, 600, 1000, 1500 and 2500 wetsanding sanpaper, dont over do the edge that mates to the fairing or it will look funny and the lines wont match, any good painter can acid wash the panels and built the surface with primer, sand and smooth and then paint them to color of choice. not hard just time consuming

I love tinkering with my Busa, but not that much. I just sent mine to Raceready.com. Had to pay a bit, but saved the blood and sweat. However, whatever you choose, out of all the projects, this really made the bike look awsome.

IMG_2988.jpg

joseph did mine and love em. get with him like james said. I'm not sure if he's still doing em, but it won't hurt to ask

DSC05099.JPG

I got mine from Race Ready in Florida. Couldn't be happier with the look.

The stock crocodile pattern qualifies as a 4:30 on Friday engineering afterthought. :laugh: Hated it.

Img_0239-bagster.jpg

Img_0243.jpg

Img_0239-bagster.jpg

Img_0243.jpg

if they layer hi build primer on to smooth them...sooner or later they will crack. Nature of the beast...the less they are flexed the longer they should last but vibration over time should even crack them.

Ya I got mine done through raceready as well....After a couple of years, they still look as good as the day I got them! The first three were taken shortly after getting them done...The last pic was taken a couple of months ago. So about 2 & a half years apart. The actual website for them is www.raceready.us

closeuppanel.jpg

panelshot.jpg

Panelshot1.jpg

newpanelshot.jpg

Last edited:
Now that's purty! After I got mine done, I became such a huge fan of this appearance mod. I actually had them painted before he even offered to smooth out the crocodile pattern. Think we are talkin' some 5 years ago or so. Really cleans up the look of the bike. That and the color-matched seat (tobin or second look- I have both). Do this mod. Won't regret it.

130074d1235022508-inner-panels-panelshot1.jpg

Now that's purty! After I got mine done, I became such a huge fan of this appearance mod. I actually had them painted before he even offered to smooth out the crocodile pattern. Think we are talkin' some 5 years ago or so. Really cleans up the look of the bike. That and the color-matched seat (tobin or second look- I have both). Do this mod. Won't regret it.

130074d1235022508-inner-panels-panelshot1.jpg

Thanks....I would agree with you. Ya my buddy got them done before he offered the smooth look as well..He ended up having him make him a set of the smooth finish...

Back