Paint Advice

ThunderPants

Donating Member
Registered
All of the pieces have been stripped of paint so they will need to be primered and built back up etc... I am also doing two different colors and having the mirrors and the 4 inner panels painted as well. Does this seem unreasonable? I believe he quoted me 16 hours of work plus the cost of materials which comes with a pretty good warranty.

What do you think?

That sounds pretty good to me, I've been quoted at 1500 for a color swap with the same design. Sounds pretty good, I would have researched to see if I could locate some past customers.

Have a painted one...BD

OK thats what I figured, I got quotes from $1000 - $1400, this guy sounds like he knows what he's doing and it should turn out great.

I looked into paint last year, got quotes from 1200-3700. Seems like a fair price to me, if the quality is good.

Good luck....post pics!

I would have researched to see if I could locate some past customers.
Excellent advice.
wink.gif

You get what you pay for, $1100 for feathering, fixing and painting is cheap. Painting is alot of work and most people simplify it way too much.

I've had my share of vehicles brought to me that were "ready to paint" and it only made things worse by them doing the prep work wrong and me having to redo everything.

Try to check out some of their other work and get some opinions on the painter. I know of some real hacks that make a ton of money but have a ton of comebacks too.

If anyone wants any paintwork done give me a ring.
Primal Customs 540-448-0869 ask for Roger
I won't do a quick scuff and shoot, so don't ask for that, i don't do it.
If you want show quality work, thats what i do.

Thanks.
cool.gif

Back