Painting Frame and other Parts Help!!!

Bigdawg76

Registered
Im getting ready to paint my 08 busa and i decided to paint the frame and inners to match. Was wondering if anyone that has done this remembers how you prep these parts for paint. Grits of sand paper, filler, primer...etc Any help is appreciated. Thanks all

As far as the plastics go I used 180 then 240 finishing off the tight areas with scotch bright pads. If you can avoid it try to NOT go all the way down to raw plastic. Even with primer doing that left me with small areas I had to touch up because it left a slightly different finish, not too bad though. The plastics aren't that big, and very rounded so I sanded it all by hand.

Oh yes, kinda got carried away, you said inner plastics. Those have no finish, so I would use some 240, prime a few coats, 240 again, then paint. Just remember to clean well before paint.

Thanks for the reply. will the 240 scratches show throught the primer. Also do u have any info on painting the frame. Any prep work needed with thank.

I used to use this stuff all the time, painted everything from Ferrari's to the couch, worked great!

Poster_Paint_12_Color_20ML_Box_Packed.jpg

240 is a little rough for a good finish.I would do at least 500 so the primer lays flat with no scratches.Prep is everthing and the paint is only as good as the prep.

I did lots of coats, and I didn't do gloss. This was just my experience and I think it's turning out good.

image-3738570691.jpg

I still have to do the tank and the right side is hanging now.

image-3738570691.jpg

Back