Page thingy again.

busa-josh

Got Tires?
Donating Member
Registered
Yah, I hate to be THAT GUY... but the page flip thing is just one more "busy" item on an already very "busy" page. I love the ORG but there are so many subcategories, so many banners and other things to grab your attention that this is just another item that turns me off. I almost didn't join this forum because of the huge amount of subcategories which is a big forum no-no (according to forum creation websites anyway).

Not to mention the data that my computer is now required to load for each page. Here in Iraq the internet is very slow. But even back in Texas with my satellite internet these pages would load very slowly.

Might we think of toning the busy stuff down? I know the site needs to be supported and all, but donations (I know, I know) could do that without the need to clutter the page up with all kinds of little advertising scripts. I'd rather pay a couple bucks to the site for access every month and have a nice clean page than deal with the clutter.

Just my .02 and no disrespect meant.

I would tend to agree with you, Josh, but I don't have to pay the bills around here. Not everything is free in this big game of life that we all know. Advertisement is the name of the game.

I am with you on that one particular folding page thing,, I keep wanting to reach up and pull it all the way down. Sort of unnerving.

Do we have an option to turn this stuff off in our profiles? Maybe that would help! Because that one,,, I would turn off for sure myself.

Anyone know if this could be a possibility or not? Admins?

I understand what your saying but ask you both to give it sometime... As we test new improved features for the sight, both for the members and sponsors,there will be growing pains! The behind the scenes stuff is pretty crazy and a lot of work is being done everyday to keep things nice and smooth. As always input from the members is greatly appreciated and helps keep the machine well oiled (oRg)

I didn't notice any lag. I only see it when I'm at the top of the page

Maybe we need another subcatagory for complaints:laugh:

I didn't notice any lag. I only see it when I'm at the top of the page

Maybe we need another subcatagory for complaints:laugh:

Same here...pages load slow...and can't scroll down as quickly as before :dunno:

My pages load more slowly too.
I am however in favor of anything that helps out the site.
I therefore am appreciative of the new advertisers and how they are presented to us. :thumbsup:

This "feature" has a bug in FireFox. Every time I go to read a thread, I have to go to the upper right corner and let the page fold over and back before I can click the site options near the top of the page. I never had that problem before. I can still click on links, just not the site toolbar across the top with "User CP" and "New Posts".

I haven't experienced any lag but willing to tolerate some if it keeps the org. running :thumbsup:

Just remember how you felt when you clicked to get your org. fix for the day a while back and the site was gone.. :whistle: Cap put us in time out:rofl: Tell me it didn't suck:laugh:

I run fire fox haven't had an issue like that :dunno:

This "feature" has a bug in FireFox. Every time I go to read a thread, I have to go to the upper right corner and let the page fold over and back before I can click the site options near the top of the page. I never had that problem before. I can still click on links, just not the site toolbar across the top with "User CP" and "New Posts".

Last edited:
I have the latest version of Java. I'm running FireFox 3.5.3.

Any want to try to explain this?

PageThingy.jpg

That's what I thought. I went to hover my mouse over the corner so I could get the toolbar working and that's what it did.

Back