How do I bypass the Portal page

Juggler

Techie Answer Guy
Donating Member
Registered
I'm not fond of the portal page, and would like to have setup a favorite that points directly to the forums.

Any ideas?

Good to see your name around again... It has been awhile... Sorry but no way to get around the portal page.

CAp

sign in as usual.
get to the forums page.(or the page you like to start at).
click favourites in your tool bar,add to favourites.
then right click on that save in your favourites and "send to desk top".
then by clicking that desktop icon,it will bring you right to the forums.

Nice to see you man...RSD.

Hey Rub - If we save the fav as you say, the link is:

However, - if you click on the link, the browser goes to

There is something in the script I fear that is sending us to the portal no matter what. I'm using Firefox and IE 7. Both have the same issue. Any thoughts?

portal
kickass.gif

(BiG-T @ Nov. 11 2006,08:48) Give in to the portal.  You cannot resist it.  You will be assimilated.
I think it was Riker who said, "Screw assimilation!".

I "figured" out a workaround:

Since I usually only peruse GBRT and the Random Thoughts, I've bookmarked the following:

If the Captain deliberately designed the portal to act this way, then he'll probably not like the above. Not trying to be a d*ck here, I just want to get to the forums.

Hey RSD, how you doing? I hope the holiday season is starting off well for you. You got all your shopping done already right?
tounge.gif

I put the portal in place because we had too many qestions being asked and not enough people able to answer them. The portal is a place where you can access everything in one easy place.

(captain @ Nov. 11 2006,12:10) I put the portal in place because we had too many qestions being asked and not enough people able to answer them. The portal is a place where you can access everything in one easy place.
Mr. Smarty Pants.
tounge.gif

Back