Own a "Sprint" phone? we know where you are..

You know everytime you have a dropped signal that is the gov turning on their recorders!!!! :whistle: :rofl:

I like having the cell phone, but I am not a prisoner of it. I answer it when I can and if I can't, well there is this niffty thing that if you let it ring long enough it will take a message!!!!

Our nephew was visiting us a couple days ago and the whole time he is here he is texting his girlfriend back and forth. And every time he got a message from her it was this "ding dong" (doorbell) sound. I felt like ripping it out of his hands and throwing it out the window. That is just rude. Tell your girlfriend your visiting with family and you will talk with her later or next time bring her with you!

I am saying good bye to cell phones.. 15years ago it wasn't an emergency to be without one and people managed to get by well enough. We could have that peace of mind again by just cutting loose of them.

That's coincidental Projeckt. I was reading an article about the new Motorcycle Crash Testing that is going to be done soon (update of the Hurt study). The Hurt Study was originally conducted in the 70's and did not take into account the use of cell phones and the drivers of vehicles having wireless capabilites at all. There was a time when we did not HAVE to be attached to a phone, let alone one that we could, text, email, and surf the internet.

My first thought was warrants...apparantly they're not needed~!~

and EFF has been fighting in the courts for years to ensure that the government only tracks a cell phone's location when it has a search warrant based on probable case. EFF has also complained before that a dangerous level of secrecy surrounds law enforcement's communications surveillance practices like a dense fog, and that without stronger laws requiring detailed reporting about how the government is using its surveillance powers

That's coincidental Projeckt. I was reading an article about the new Motorcycle Crash Testing that is going to be done soon (update of the Hurt study). The Hurt Study was originally conducted in the 70's and did not take into account the use of cell phones and the drivers of vehicles having wireless capabilites at all. There was a time when we did not HAVE to be attached to a phone, let alone one that we could, text, email, and surf the internet.

So does this mean I can cut your cell phone off because you will no longer need it.

:tongue4::overlord:

Every cell phone post 2003 has a GPS locator in it. In the beginning it was a crude light version used to get a rough triangulation.

Nowadays it is quite accurate and can pinpoint your location. However this option is easily turned off by going into the phones menu settings. Every phone has this.

Unless your doing something you shouldn't and don't want to be found, it's really there for your safety.

:poke:this is the very reason that when I go out to kill stupid people I dont take my phone with me:whistle:

When I was a detective it took a grand jury subpoena to get phone records like that. I'm sure nothing has changed. Not sure how some of you see that as illegal.

When I was a detective it took a grand jury subpoena to get phone records like that. I'm sure nothing has changed. Not sure how some of you see that as illegal.

I don't think anyone has a problem if that's the case.. 8 million requests for GPS hits to track or find people ?? Do you think there is a grand jury subpoena attached to all those requests ?? That's where the problem lies, no accountability for government actions... :rulez:

That I wouldn't have problem with, its the odds that 8 million GPS searches were conducted that way.

can't wait until the phone starts blabbing about how fast you got to where you are...... :banghead:
awww you know that "Easy Rider" magazine did a fictional story like this 30 years ago.... I think it was called "Final Ride" or something to that effect..

The govt had toll gates at all highways and the "police" would arrest you for speeding if you arrived at one too quickly..

Guy trailers his scoot to the road, and proceeds to set some land speed record to the next one... he did not bother to stop for the "barricade" that popped up out of the ground or something like that... :::splat:::

Every cell phone post 2003 has a GPS locator in it. In the beginning it was a crude light version used to get a rough triangulation.

Nowadays it is quite accurate and can pinpoint your location. However this option is easily turned off by going into the phones menu settings. Every phone has this.

Unless your doing something you shouldn't and don't want to be found, it's really there for your safety.
I think you can turn off the ability to make the location public or not... I do not think you can actually kill the GPS tracking ability of the phone service provider to find you..

I know for fact that the Google map app can find you whether you have the gps activated or not..

Do you know where your children are?

It seems everyone else does.
:whistle:

The funny part about this topic is how some people think they are being "watched". Do you think anyone cares about your latest trip to walmart? If your not doing shady things with shady people, whats to worry about??
The way things go FUBAR... you happen to be at the wrong place at the right time... Guy robs someone... a month later, you for some reason are right place at the wrong time and some other guy robs someone...

2 different robbers, two different victims and guess what... the only common denominator is your cell phone location... does it start to add up?

a lot of people get falsely accused of things and are cleared but what a potential nightmare you could face..

I do not break laws, but having to defend myself in a case like this? you better have some $$ stashed away cause it is going to cost a lot of it..

Can only be partially turned off. You can NOT turn it off completely and the gov. can track you still.
Just FYI

I don't think anyone has a problem if that's the case.. 8 million requests for GPS hits to track or find people ?? Do you think there is a grand jury subpoena attached to all those requests ?? That's where the problem lies, no accountability for government actions... :rulez:

The courts ruled in 2005 that law enforcement doesn't need to show probable cause to obtain your physical location via the cell phone grid.

Court: feds don't need probable cause to track your physical location via cell grid

Scary stuff when you read the full articles.

I think you can turn off the ability to make the location public or not... I do not think you can actually kill the GPS tracking ability of the phone service provider to find you..

I know for fact that the Google map app can find you whether you have the gps activated or not..

Can only be partially turned off. You can NOT turn it off completely and the gov. can track you still.
Just FYI

Really!?? Interesting, I did not know that.

No wonder disposables are the tools of the dark side. :laugh:

Really!?? Interesting, I did not know that.

No wonder disposables are the tools of the dark side. :laugh:

I still think the device that makes every cell phone ring in a grid would be helpful in the middle east... might make IED's a little easier to find..

:whistle:

The way things go FUBAR... you happen to be at the wrong place at the right time... Guy robs someone... a month later, you for some reason are right place at the wrong time and some other guy robs someone...

2 different robbers, two different victims and guess what... the only common denominator is your cell phone location... does it start to add up?

a lot of people get falsely accused of things and are cleared but what a potential nightmare you could face..

I do not break laws, but having to defend myself in a case like this? you better have some $$ stashed away cause it is going to cost a lot of it..

i don't think it works like that......but either way, your GPS could be used to substantiate an alibi...

say your a Duke lacrosse player and some stripper claims you raped her....your cell phone show you were miles away at the time?

for every silly what if, that is used to show how this is bad.....there is an equally silly what if, that can be used to show the positives of this ability...

nobody forces you to use a cell...

i don't think it works like that......but either way, your GPS could be used to substantiate an alibi...

say your a Duke lacrosse player and some stripper claims you raped her....your cell phone show you were miles away at the time?

for every silly what if, that is used to show how this is bad.....there is an equally silly what if, that can be used to show the positives of this ability...

nobody forces you to use a cell...
the govt does not use these lookups for your benefit..... they are probably trying to pin something on someone somewhere every time this is done... but I am just putting it out there...

Back