Over heating in traffic

sugarayny

Registered
Hi guys, I was sitting in traffic at americade and noticed my temp kept getting very close to the red zone and decided to shut the bike down a couple of times. Its an 07 no real mods execpet bolt ons. Not sure if this is common or not. I had a 06 and never had this problem. any info/ upgrade sugestions would be great thanks

1. Use water and watter wetter, you dont need anti-freeze in the Summer. Water will cool more. Just remember to replace before freezing temps.

2. Get a Muzzys aluminum fan from cloud 9 motorsports site sponsor. It moves way more air for better cooling and is lighter than stock plastic.

It was 108F three weeks ago here, my busa did fine in city driving and that was before the fan upgrade on a stock bike.

I ride a 2003 and it does not do well in traffic when the weather is warm. It always tries to run hotter than it should.
I need to check into the Muzzy fan as well. I just hate to install anything that says Muzzy on the Suzuki.

The Busa was not made to sit still, it was made ride. When the bike sits still there is no air-flow through the fairing.

i had the same problem at bike week in myrtle beach. never had it around home. but not as hot or as much sitting in traffic either. looking into the muzzy fan just to add more airflow.

Muzzy fan and add water wetter. I have had no problems since.
smile.gif

I hear some people install a manual "fan switch", so they can turn it on BEFORE it starts to heat up ??

1. Use water and watter wetter, you dont need anti-freeze in the Summer. Water will cool more. Just remember to replace before freezing temps.

2. Get a Muzzys aluminum fan from cloud 9 motorsports site sponsor. It moves way more air for better cooling and is lighter than stock plastic.

It was 108F three weeks ago here, my busa did fine in city driving and that was before the fan upgrade on a stock bike.
+ infinity X 1000 + 3

I imagine you could pull your bike right into the expo and have it fixed right there.
Americade rocks.
super.gif

ENGINE ICE, drops the temp by 50 degrees.

megawatt, how does water cool better? It has a lower boiling point that coolant/antifreeze does

I did the Honda fan switch sender mod I found on this forum. It turns on the fan much sooner than the Suzuki switch.

Or you can always just put another fan on the rad. The GSX-R 1k fans fit nicely besie the stock. Tag a manual fan switch with it and the Busa wont know what hit it. It'll never be hot again.

The fan comes on at about half way up the temp guage on my bike. Fortunatly I've not had to set in traffic very long and it never has gotten any warmer than that. Most all sport type bikes (full fairing) I've been around don't like to idle in traffic very well and promptly overheat.

I've been in non moving traffic in high 90* days with stock fan and never had a problem. I did install a Muzzy fan during the winter since I had the fairings off. The highest she gets on the temp gauge is just a hair above the middle mark.
I wonder why some busa's will tend to run hotter?

Shawn

I'm running Engine Ice and a Muzzy fan blade. It's worked out very well! I also installed a switch so I can kick the fan on whenever.

ENGINE ICE,  drops the temp by 50 degrees.

megawatt, how does water cool better?  It has a lower boiling point that coolant/antifreeze does
water has the best characteristics for pulling off or absorbing heat from a metal surface.once you add antifreeze you are comprimising or cutting into that characteristic. its a trade-off for a higher boiling point and lower freezing point. straight water shouldn't boil though because it is in a pressurized system

Back