Outrageous Price for an exhaust system - but I am going to buy it

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Ok,
I spoke with Yoshimura early in the week about the exhaust system pictured here. I got an email today. The exhaust is $3450 with half due at time of ordering AND the price is subject to change based on the current exchange rate. ETA will be early September. I will be getting the bike in the next 90 days and will order the exhaust shortly after.

Don

Btw, if I did the math correctly that full dual system weighs about 14.2lbs.

yoshi dual 2 .jpg

yoshi dual.jpg

wow, cant believe any exhaust is 3400. youll sure be the only one to have it.

Looks almost like the Vance and Hines pipes... I think that is way to much for that but there wouldn't be many out there until the price drops.

Damn, that's more than I paid for my bike! I hope it works out well for you!
Posted via Mobile Device

Why so expensive? What is the performance?

+1000???...I love Yosh products...BUT...$3400 for any exhaust is ludicrous in my opinion. No exhaust system is capable of increasing performance to justify that price. Sorry but money could be much better spent elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

Nice looking! But $3400? Wow...

I just keep drooling over the dual HMF high mounts... LOL

+1000???...I love Yosh products...BUT...$3400 for any exhaust is ludicrous in my opinion. No exhaust system is capable of increasing performance to justify that price. Sorry but money could be much better spent elsewhere.
Posted via Mobile Device

Totally agree.

Don, what is it that is making this appealing to you? Just wanting something unique?

definitely--if you want duals gp brock's CT. I'd go with the CT single myself. You'd save a buttload of $$$$ and have great mapping service and probably (i'd bet money) a better performance enhancing pipe. and lighter to boot.

That is a nice looking system though. Too expensive IMO. I think they see some people shelling out 2K for CT duals and so they thought they would give it a try.

For that money, I hope it fits well. Recently had a buddy throw a $900 Yoshi full system in the trash dumpster. Wouldn't fit his CBR. Leaked like a sieve. Yoshi wouldn't refund or try to fix the pipe for him.

Last edited:
Wow. That's pricey. I would put that money towards a stage I turbo or by the brocks ti system and save some money. Then again it's your money, do what YOU want with it.

Kind of high for an exhaust, Don. What are they claiming as gains?
Seems you could put the extra cost to good use on other mods......

Back