4-2-1 exhaust question...B4 I buy...

coop65sr

Donating Member
Registered
I am thinking about going with a 4-2-1 exhaust since both my exhausts got messed up in my wreck last week...

I have been looking at maybe the Yoshimura TRS (tri-oval) race system. I am not totally sold on the yosh's though, so anybodys input on what they like would be appreciated. I know that is an ENDLESS subject...

I am not per say looking for the performance aspect so much as for a good deep sound and good look...right now anyway...

One more question..can I run this 4-2-1 system WITHOUT a power commander for right now?
rock.gif
I will get a PCIIIusb when I can but just can't at the moment...will it hurt the bike to NOT have the power commander on it?
rock.gif

All input is appreciated.....Thanks, Chris

rock.gif

Nobody got an opinion???
I'm just not yet educated much in the aftermarket exhaust area...I know that it's all pretty much personal preference on what to get but just was wondering what seemed to be the most popular styles here on the org and had the question about the power commander ...do I have to have it or not (as to will it do my bike harm if I don't have it installed and have a 4=2=1 exhaust installed...i.e. hurting anything if it's running rich or lean..etc.

c'mon and help me out here folks...

the only one I have knowledge on is the Yosh RS-3 and PCIII and map for it, I like the sound the power is good, but I know there are others that make more power.
The difference between stock and full system with pcIII is verynoticeable, weight and power wise and the rideablity, smoother throttle I do kinda miss the stereo hum from the twin exhaust so if you like that you might wanna go, with dual cans IMO later Ricky

from what i know you wont get the most power out of a yosh and pciii. i use an akro and been able to tweak out 179.8. my brothe uses an arata and im sure the pipe GPW uses is a great choice just looking at his dyno numbers. remeber go with what you like theirs always other ways to get power. yoshis sound mean and deep.

Back