"other considerations"

shortcut

Donating Member
Registered
i am not a "speed addict" as most of you and i bought the busa for "other" considerations. #1 i have been a harley rider for a long time and i wanted to go to an inline 4 like the honda 750's of my youth for the smoothness that i remembered. wanted something other than a v-twin. #2 i like the way the busa looks. styling-if you will. even though kawasakis' zx14 came out and exceeded the busas' performance it doesn't compare to the busa "look", #3 reliability. i didn't want a "high maintenance" motorcycle. it has cost me a lot of money not being "mechanical". i can "engineer it" but i can't "fix it". i can even strip-out spark plug threads and screw up tightening oil filters. just put gas in it and ride.#4 handling. although my busa is not setup for the "track" with the rear lowered,genmar risers,and buell footpeg mod- it handles the twisties better that any bike i have ever rode in my life. it has also showed me my limitations. i could never ride a gixxer and i'll never be able to drag a knee. #5 performance. love my harley but it lacks in this area. also installed a sidecar last year and did some fork modifications so it is a dedicated tug & rig. (sidecars are fun).i wanted another bike as my 2 wheeler that would handle well and go fast. looked at moto guzzi grislo (another twin), triiumph speed triple, ZRX,FZ1,919-hooligan bikes. i chose the hayabusa after much studying,looking,asking questions,reading this forum,etc. an article in cycle world says: hayabusa- simply put: "the finest motorcycle ever built". for me i believe i made the right choice.

beerchug.gif

How 'bout some pics of the rest of the stable?
wink.gif

I've owned quite a few bikes myself, an FZ1 among them, and I can assure you, you made a great choice. It may be the most versatile motorcycle on the planet, if you ever do want a rush of adrenaline mixed in with your two wheeled fun. I can't say enough about the Busa
smile.gif

Here's my Dad's Busa, he's 62.  Congrats on your choice.  
beerchug.gif

Pops_3.jpg

Hey Shortcut, congratulations...your description of the mental considerations before purchase sounded exactly like me! The only difference is I've had dozens of motorcycles and ride pretty hard so a Harley or metric was out of the question. Anyways, it's been over 8 months now and I can honestly say...not one second of buyers remorse! It truly is a wonderful bike. Raydog

Img_9205_Busa_Classic.jpg

(shortcut @ May 14 2007,09:53) also installed a sidecar last year and did some fork modifications so it is a dedicated tug & rig. (sidecars are fun

The sidecar is on the Harley right? Or is that why no Pics!
smile.gif

Hey raydog. I thought I just saw you asking about upgrades? I see many in that pic. What gives?

06Busa, no, I was in a discussion about upgrades and was lamenting the benefits of doing one thing at a time and enjoying each thing on its own merit...not what I did...I just blew the bike out in a matter of 6 weeks and kind of missed the evolution part! I'm not complaining, just lamenting about a possible missed experiences when improvements are all compressed in time!
Raydog

Back