Stock Busa

ddornfes

Registered
I finally got permission from my wife to sell my Harley and buy a Busa. I plan to wait for the 2008 to arrive and decide on that or a 2007. When I bought the Harley, the first thing I did was to throw off the stock metal and replace it with chrome. That's what you do with Harleys. I never thought of power commanders and performance exhausts. My question is, how well does the Busa handle in pure stock form. Is there any mods I absolutely have to make right away. I'm sure compared to the Harley, I not going to want to tweak out more power from the Busa yet.
My goal is to ride conservatively and just enjoy being on a Busa but if there are options that will make the ride more enjoyable or safer, I'll go for it.

First mod is an HID light!
super.gif

welcome to the boards. If your a modder then mod away. there's tons of parts out there for the 07. you may have some problems with the 08.

post-52-02136-welcome.gif

The bike handles pretty nice if I must say so myself. You should just probably ride and get use to the bike first, and see what you would like to be different after that. Then I'm sure whatever you decide to do after that the board can definitly point you in the right direction.

1) HID lights help you to see better if you ride at night and also help others see you easier
2) a Throttlemeister if you like to cruise more than 30 minutes at a time
after that, just ride it for a while and decide what kind of riding you are going to do (long distance touring, canyon carving, mall crawling, weekend group rides, etc.) then, everyone here will be more than willing to give you their opinion on how to set her up for how you want to ride
beerchug.gif

Lets not Forget the RoadLok fellas.  If you need one let me know and I will get you hooked up also hope to see ya at the TXHR Fall Meet N Greet.

Link to Thread:

RoadLok_1.jpg

to the Site, and YOUR FIRST Mod should be ::::::::::::;; Go ride the bike several hundred miles and then decide what you want or need to change
tounge.gif
. Then we're here to give you suggestions and point you in the right direction for what you want  
super.gif

Ya know, the more I think of it - I wish I would have left mine stock. I sure would have had *A LOT* more money - not spending it on all the mods!
laugh.gif

Hi, my name is Omar...and I'm a Busa Modaholic
biggrin.gif

(omslaw @ Aug. 20 2007,23:53) Ya know, the more I think of it - I wish I would have left mine stock. I sure would have had *A LOT* more money - not spending it on all the mods!
laugh.gif

Hi, my name is Omar...and I'm a Busa Modaholic
biggrin.gif
Yes, you are a sick man
tounge.gif

First mod should be mentally preparing your wife and yourself for the hole your about burn into you pocket modding your Busa.
tounge.gif

I never had so much fun being broke.  
biggrin.gif

(SLEEPERBUSA @ Aug. 22 2007,01:20) And steer clear of this Rhythm cat.
He'll have ya shyt all gangsta before your first oil change.

poke.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

smileyexhibit.gif
PImpn aint Eazy, C-luv.
cool.gif

jump9.gif

jump9.gif

This bike will do very well in stock trim, but as time rolls on you will surely want a performance exhaust and other goodies. I would wait a little while to see what the aftermarket coughs up. The changes in the new Hayabusa will cause the accessory manufactures to shift gears a little to keep up. You will probably need some time to get used to the difference in bikes. Going from a Harley to a 08 Hayabusa will certainly be a shock. I know you won't regret it. Hold on tight...  

From one newbie to the next.... Welcome to the site!!!! I am new to busa's but not to riding. The Busa is like having the Space Shuttle under your ass. No joke.

I have a stock '05 LE and have put about 2500 miles since I got it and I am now in the process of doing Mods now. Recommendation... get your bike and ride it for awhile and do your homework. Your Mods you want... performance or "Bling". I want very modest appearnce Mods and a few pratical performance Mods and that is it for me.

After having done some homework from this site here a few i want to do:

1. HID light
2. Performance undertail
3. One peice Brake and turn signal
4. kick stand Mod. you can read about it.
5. More to follow

Hope this helps.

P-

Welcome!
beerchug.gif

Some members do the "kickstand mod."

If you ride in the dark, you'll probably need to adjust the light up a bit.

Other than those (if you chose to do them), I'd ride a bit and then decide--while searching through the Org!

Back