Ot: demo'd some triumph's today!

Thrust

Registered
Well the local Triumph dealer was having a demo day today and since my job this summer is really <<cough>> flexible I was able to spend a few hours demoing some bikes.

First up was the Rocket III. This bike is simply amazing. I went with the intentions of not comparing any of them to the Busa but rather developing an opinion based on how I personally "felt" about the bike. The Rocket is a big meat grinder of a machine. Heavy, obnoxious and relatively loud for having stock pipes. We had to travel in a group so I wasn't able to put the bikes through their paces but I was able to get up to 80-90mph and hit a decent sweeper or two. The Rocket has GOBS of low-end torque and a very comfy riding position. The bars are a bit of a reach but the riding position was very comfortable. For a big behemoth of a bike is was, surprisingly, agile (relatively speaking). I could see me owning one of these in the near future.

Speed Triple-- Uncomfortable, quiet, and uncomfortable. I'm sure this would have been a terrific and fun bike given the opprotunity to misbehave some, however, after 20mins I was ready to call it quits. Such as shame I've always been fond of the triple's and almost bought one.

Sprint ST-- Comfortable, somewhat agile, SLOW (so I did just come off a busa). I could see me taking this if I were needing to complete and all day ride and have some fun along the way.

Bottom line. I **really** like the Rocket III. The other bikes were okay and I had fun but I wouldn't own any of them.

I'm interested in the 675 triple for trackdays
biggrin.gif

Reviews are good, but haven't seen one in person yet.

curious...what did you find uncomfortable about the Speed Triple?

I have one and finally took a knife to my seat cushion to address that scoop in the saddle that forces your 'tackle' into the tank, other than that it's one of the finest bikes I have every ridden.

I recently bumped into an Engineer who claimed to have come up with the design for the Triumph Sprint ST

Cyclops.jpg

curious...what did you find uncomfortable about the Speed Triple?

I have one and finally took a knife to my seat cushion to address that scoop in the saddle that forces your 'tackle' into the tank, other than that it's one of the finest bikes I have every ridden.
Bingo! My boys were being crushed!!

Back