2300cc -- 1000 more than the hayabusa

1127 TO 1299

Registered
They state the the new Triumph is quicker than the hayabusa 0-60mph.
And one of the fastest bike 0-100mph.

This is the Triumph's 2300cc Rocket III Motorcycle

As a second bike, I would take it.

triumph-rocket-iii-4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Negative, I just got done reading an article in Motorcyclist I think it is and the fat Ugly assed Trumpet is in the 11's in the quarter mile... poop ton of torque but nothing on top... Simply a torque monster without a top end... Basically a fast cruiser, but real world performance is far from the rumors...

Last edited by a moderator:
of course you get nothing on top
I don't think you want to go faster than 150mph without a fearing.
I don't want to try it either.
I think it's perfect as a second bike if you are somewhat interested in a cruiser.
Of course if you don't like cruisers, or the Brits, fat bikes, bikes that don't have top end, you can't appreciate that bike.

Just another manufactor trying to throw the Hayabusa name in to get your attention to there product.

THAT THING IS SLOW!

One of the new bike mags ran it to low 11's! They did a head-to-head with the V-MAX and only beat the max by like .1-or-.05 in the 1/4-mile!

You guys thought the BUSA was heavy, that thing is over 800LBS.!
wow.gif

The only thing that bike will be hunting is HARLEY's!
laugh.gif
They will be lucky if they take out a 600cc Sport Bike from time-to-time!
tounge.gif

Josh
blues.gif

no disrespects intended toward any rocket owners out there and just my opinion but 11 sec. in the 1/4 sounds pretty weak per the hype because even a 20 year v-max broke 10 sec. for all the hype that triumph claimed i.e., faster than a busa to 60, faster than a r1 to 100, fastest cruiser ever, etc., the rocket III has to be a disappointment in the performance area for some rocket owners that pre-ordered their bikes. oh well, maybe there will be tests with better performance times in the future. i don't currently ride a cruiser but you got to love that rear tire on the rocket.

pure and simple. the rocket is for busa wannabes. It's junk and I wouldn't be shocked if it was discontinued in a few years.

BTW FYI
they only stated that it's faster from 0-60mph nothing else.
we all know 0-60 depends alot on the ability of the driver to lauch the bike.
Say we has 2 equal drivers that have the same reaction time, the rocket should in theory take the lead from 0-60 after that it's history.
Of course, we will see that on the street.
If it's true that it's faster from 0-60, will you still love the busa
rock.gif

I will.
You'll have to accept that on day someone will be faster than you and me.
We also know that they didn't build the Rocket with the intent of beating the busa. Maybe they only stated a fact. Maybe it's only for publicity, maybe it's for both.

It won't prevent me to sleep at night

Good night everyone
wink.gif

Amazingly enough guys....I didn't buy the Busa just cause' its the fastest thing going....nothings the fastest for long.....although I AM amazed that 5 years after its intro and basically unchanged its STILL the fastest
wow.gif
thats why everybodies always gunning for it
biggrin.gif
 I bought it cause' its got ungodly torque....feels like an E ticket ride at an amusement park under power...handles sweet....and is comfy enough for my 6'3" frame. And I know for a fact it will be a LONG time (if ever) before it starts to feel slow to me.....these new bikes stock are too fast to ever feel slow I think....makes you wonder how far technology can go
wow.gif
wink.gif
tounge.gif

A few years back I wouldn't have believed they would be putting Pinto size engines into mainstream production bikes...but then again I was amazed they built a 1300cc sportbike....and made it feel so damn small for its size. Anymore I don't know what to expect...how big can these things get?? I kinda like the Rocket...but I wonder why they couldn't get a little more top-end out of it....it IS an inline three fer cryin' out loud...they can run damn fine if their set-up right  
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092224884 -->

wow.gif

The whole 2 pipes on one side, and one on the other sucks, other than that, I would ride it. Wouldnt pay the price they want for it, but It definately looks mean.

Nah Man, I'm not hating on any bike Manufacturer or any country, I am just saying that at 800+ pounds and a redline of something like 7K this thing takes the Agricultural implement award away from harley.

I mean Triumph backs off it's "Hyper Bike" project "Fuggin British Pussy Lawyer decision" and it comes to the table with a monster Pug Fugly beast like the Rocket? It's am embarrassment to motorcycling, kinda like West Coast
Choppers...

Just plain Embarrassing...

The Born again crowd is going to jump all over this monstrosity and tell all there Motorcycling Ignorant friends about how quick it is...

The question has allready been answered though 1127, Check out the current bike rags, head to head the Trumpet was barely on par with a 20 year old V-Max, nowhere near a Busa in ANY performance catagory...

But in the end, it's all apples and Oranges... It's like comparing a Ferrari against a GMC Yukon... Sorta pointless..

Rev, I'm kinda guessing we won't see you riding by decked out in your Triumph gear on your chromed out Rocket any time soon?.....lol...
wink.gif

tounge.gif

<!--EDIT|The Big Red One
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092225198 -->

Simply put....this is one of the uglist bikes I have ever seen. Looks like they took a Mitsubishi Galant 2.4 engine and put a big tractor seat and handle bars on it....step away from the pipe, sir. Put Matt on it, I would still smoke it in any kind of contest. All you have read is garbage, just hype. I can't wait to be next to one at the light. As for the legend, the Hayabusa is art in motion, after I am done riding mine, I would hang it on the wall in the living room if I could. Disclaimer: My opinion only, why Baskin-Robbins makes 51 flavors....to each his own. However, I will still smoke it....

Simply put.... I would still smoke it ...
However, I will still smoke it....
Sooo uhh Moondog...

you gonna roll it up or just stuff it into a bong?
laugh.gif

Folks, the ultimate points to ponder are:

This ain't gonna be no cheepie machine.

and

How much wrenching is it gonna require to keep this hog-a-like rollin?

and

You know parts for this thug-a-long aren't gonna be cheep either.

I think (after a pico second of deliberation) I'm gonna keep the Busa.

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1092281134 -->

Mikey....roll it up, lite it up, smoke it up, inhale-exhale!!! What ever it takes, baby!!! What was I talking about? Oh well, I'm going to get something to eat...
tounge.gif

Here we go again. More debate, but at least we're all in concensus on this one. I'm wondering when someone from a Kawi or Yammi board is gonna chime in and bump their gums about this one?
rock.gif

Back