Triumph Rocket 3 TFC

greg3852

Registered
Triumph has unveiled a new motorcycle that has the largest engine of any production bike from a major manufacturer. The Rocket 3 TFC is powered by a 2.5-liter three-cylinder motor, which has the same displacement as the engine in a base Chevy Colorado pickup.

It’s rated at 168 hp and 163 lb-ft of torque, which makes the company’s most-powerful bike ever and the torquiest in the world – the latter title a tie with the standard Rocket III, which has a 2.3-liter engine that used to be the king. But the Rocket 3 TFC is also 88 pounds lighter than the Rocket III and comes with high performance Brembo brakes, an adjustable Showa monoshock rear suspension, shaft drive and all of the traction and stability controls needed to help keep the power under control.

Nevertheless, Triumph knows the monster motorcycle isn’t for everyone and is building a limited run of 750, with just 225 earmarked for the U.S. at $29,000 each and deliveries scheduled to begin just in time for the holidays in December.

its heavy though...………………...
Hp and torque would negate that weight...if it was boosted and made twice (or even a third more) the hp and torque, I think it would be a very scary thing to ride.

As far as sport bikes go, the Busa is heavy and you know very well the results of boosting one.

Hp and torque would negate that weight...if it was boosted and made twice (or even a third more) the hp and torque, I think it would be a very scary thing to ride.

As far as sport bikes go, the Busa is heavy and you know very well the results of boosting one.
true.. but most light busas are 4xx pounds.... this thing here..... 797 lbs

I suspect once the normal production model follows , it will be more of the same for Triumph customers . The old rocket has a strong following in Australia , they are popular for their ability to tour and effortless grunt 2 up . This one pictured seems solo orientated , but is being pushed as a factory limited edition , the mainstream bike will be more popular because of options and price .
The older model can be boosted with a supercharger kit , someone posted a dyno run of one so equipped , and it made good power . This new update to the motor will be good you would think , and would likely be even more awesome fun supercharged , the long wheelbase would mean unrivaled initial launch from the lights !!

I suspect once the normal production model follows , it will be more of the same for Triumph customers . The old rocket has a strong following in Australia , they are popular for their ability to tour and effortless grunt 2 up . This one pictured seems solo orientated , but is being pushed as a factory limited edition , the mainstream bike will be more popular because of options and price .
The older model can be boosted with a supercharger kit , someone posted a dyno run of one so equipped , and it made good power . This new update to the motor will be good you would think , and would likely be even more awesome fun supercharged , the long wheelbase would mean unrivaled initial launch from the lights !!
good.... because nothing is worse than having an h2 or zx14 out-pull ya on a good highway run...…..

Bad ass bike! When the next demo day?

That’s not gonna happen......:D

I’ve been to a couple Triumph Demo days and they don’t even let you test ride the Thruxton R so there’s no chance in hell they’ll let Joe Blow throw a leg over that Beast :race:

Back