Oregon rides

epicrisis

Registered
Hello all... I'm new to the Oregon riding scene and I would like to find like-minded riders (fast but not dangerous or obnoxious) for some canyon carving or mid-distance sport touring rides. Any info or takers?

hayasmall.jpg

go to starbucks in beaverton or 23rd and burnside in portland or go to santa fe on 23rd and burn side (way past 23rd but its on burnside)
you should see allkinds of bikers there
i doubt ill be there my insurance got canceled
mad.gif

o i forgot starbucks youll see stunters
santa fe youll see other busa riders and they are more of a buch of riders vs stunters either way cool people all the way around

do you know a guy name gary who rides a blue r1 with yellow wheels here in portland?
rock.gif

I don't know anyone at all here that has a sportbike. Just a bunch of large displacement crusier owners. I am in Eugene by the way, but going to Portland sounds like fun. I am also new to this board thing... finding my way around it still.

Sorry to hear about your insurance! Having the means and being denied the ability is a horrible feeling.

Do people hang out at the places you listed all the time, or just on the weekends? It doesn't seem like there is a "cruising" area in this town, so I'll head out that way once I know what days to try.

Is woodburn a good place to meet sportbike riders too?

Thanks!!

Woodburn is on the days that they have bike races. Riders are almost always on NW 23rd like George said.

If you head to Portland tomorrow, my club is having a bikes, babes, and BBQ party at a gentlemens club. It starts at 4:00. If you venture up this way, give me a call 503-975-1595,

Any thoughts of riding to Laguna Seca in July?

I am not going that far, but I AM going to Colorado in that time frame, so if you are interested and depending on your route, I could tag along for part of it. I would be interested in going to the event you mentioned. I don't know the portland/beaverton area at all... do you know the actual address of the starbucks so I can mapqwest my way there?

if you come to portland let me know (pm) and i will meet you some were and take you in to meet all the people
if you come to FTR's party tomorrow i will meet you alos and take you there so you dont get lost
its at about 4-till when ever.
let me know if you go and ill meet you

GCAL... I am coming up there tonight for the BBQ... I will leave around 3 or 3:30. If you'd like to meet somewhere, that'd be great... it would eliminate my finding the place on my own to boot! Please call me at 541-741-6041 in the next hour if you get the message

GCAL... I am coming up there tonight for the BBQ... I will leave around 3 or 3:30.  If you'd like to meet somewhere, that'd be great... it would eliminate my finding the place on my own to boot!  Please call me at 541-741-6041 in the next hour if you get the message
you got to pm if you wanna get ahold of me quick
i check my email about every few hours but the busa board alot less
if you pm it shows up on my email so i now to look at the board
sorry i didnt get back to you sooner
but i just saw the post
i went to the party
did you make it
(btw i dont have long distance so if you wanna call thats fine but i cant call, sorry)
pm me next time

Hey THink and Gcal.
I was there at around 7:30 with the GF.
I did not see any bikes.
Was I too late.......hate that I missed it.
GF was looking hot too,
and first time on a bike.
At least a nice weekend of riding in P-Town!

Hey THink and Gcal.
I was there at around 7:30 with the GF.
I did not see any bikes.
Was I too late.......hate that I missed it.
GF was looking hot too,
and first time on a bike.
At least a nice weekend of riding in P-Town!
Sorry we missed you. It was nice....lot full of bikes....only 2 hit the ground (idiots playing in the gravel).

I am not sure what time it actually ended. A bunch us us, including Tiger went down to NW 23rd till about 10:00.

Next time, I will get to you sooner.

Later

dont feel bad i didn't get there till 6 so i missed it as well
but still got some free food
maybe next time

I got there at about 5:45pm, after getting lost in down town Portland. Lot's of nice bikes and good people. I took off early to head back to Eugene after an hour of so. I would have hung out to go for a ride, but I didn't know... damn. Thanks for the invite Thinker, let me know if you get down my way, I'd love to do some riding with your group.

All things good.

Went riding with Tiger the other day.
He pulled and rode a wheele down 82nd at about 50mph.
I used to think that I could ride I bike.
I know now that I dont.

Hey all.... I am going to Sturgis by way of Colorado in the 1st week of Aug... anyone want to tag along? The pace will be fast (~85 - 120mph) and I will be going for an official Iron Butt attempt (taking the appropriate time to eat/drink/rest). I don't intend to piss off any motorists or put shame to people conceptions of a motorcyclist, but I will be mooooovin....

Any takers? Lodging may be included once we arrive in Sturgis at no cost, and free in Colorado overnight.

Back