Summer Ride in Oregon

TruWrecks

Banned
I'm trying to put together a Summer ride in Oregon and call it "Pacific Coast Busa". All riding skill levels are welcome. Some of us can meet in Seattle/Centrailia. Maybe pick up a few Busa riders from Portland on the way there so we could have 6 to 10 riders to start with.

Anyone else who wants to join can meet us in Seaside or Canon Beach. We'll head down to HWY 101 from Seaside and spend a few days twisting down the coast to Northern California. Return up HWY 101 to the Florence area then cut back over to I-5 for a ride to Crater Lake. Stop for a night In Bend or Sun River before the ride home.

I want to do this for about 5 days total. Stop for the night a few times along the way. Do it during the week so there's less traffic to deal with.

I want everyone to be well behaved. I will try to get us some time at one of the drag strips south of Portland so we have a place to play without worrying about other cars or Certificates of Performance (you know, the expensive ones).

I also would like to have a support vehicle (van or truck) in tow, with a 2 to 3 bike trailer (incase we have an incident or breakdown) and ample seating or good ramps to get the bikes in the back and securely tied down. That way we'll have tools and a first aid kit with us, too.

Any support in putting this together would also be great.

beerchug.gif

BTW...If you think it's too early to start planning a summer ride, consider what I'm saying that I want to do and make it a very fun event.
biggrin.gif

I would be interested depending on the dates. I would avoid July....lots of people going to Laguna.

I'm considering doing it in late May through mid June. July is definitely out. There will be far too many people at the coast in July and August.
beerchug.gif

I'm trying to put together a Summer ride in Oregon and call it "Pacific Coast Busa".  All riding skill levels are welcome.  Some of us can meet in Seattle/Centrailia. Maybe pick up a few Busa riders from Portland on the way there so we could have 6 to 10 riders to start with.  

Anyone else who wants to join can meet us in Seaside or Canon Beach.  We'll head down to HWY 101 from Seaside and spend a few days twisting down the coast to Northern California.  Return up HWY 101 to the Florence area then cut back over to I-5 for a ride to Crater Lake.  Stop for a night In Bend or Sun River before the ride home.

I want to do this for about 5 days total.  Stop for the night a few times along the way.  Do it during the week so there's less traffic to deal with.

I want everyone to be well behaved.  I will try to get us some time at one of the drag strips south of Portland so we have a place to play without worrying about other cars or Certificates of Performance (you know, the expensive ones).

I also would like to have a support vehicle (van or truck) in tow, with a 2 to 3 bike trailer (incase we have an incident or breakdown) and ample seating or good ramps to get the bikes in the back and securely tied down.  That way we'll have tools and a first aid kit with us, too.

Any support in putting this together would also be great.

beerchug.gif
How about the second weekend of July. Head south to the Monterey CA area. Laguna Seca MOTO GP yeah baby.....how about that for a road trip.
super.gif

I might be interested in a fun trip like that? The only problem with a coast ride in the summer months is all the dang tourist with motor homes and camp trailers etc. It seems everybody and their brother takes a vacation with the kids down the coast? It may be worth a thought of going west through farm country? Lots of great rides through canyons and twisties and not much traffic to contend with. Our group takes a trip over the mountains every summer and it's really a ton of fun!

I have nothing to add to this topic.... But I need to become a "Sesoned Pilot" soon
tounge.gif

I'll work out a route that will keep us on some really good roads, and away from the vacation spots.  Late May and early June should be pretty good in Oregon.  The schools are in until about the 3rd week of June (I'll confirm that this week).
smile.gif
  "Pre-seasoned Pilots" are also welcome
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|TruWrecks
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107446224 -->

Back