Day ride into Oregon..

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
I took a little day ride with a few buddies Tuesday...  We took the long way down to Sumpter, Oregon.

About 100 miles into the day, we take a short rest in Ukiah, Or.
0801UkiahSumpter001.jpg

Next thing you know...some dude rides up on an Aprilla Tuano.  It is obvious he has been on the road awhile...  Turns out he left the Bay area several days previous.  He was headed to Glacier Park in MT.  We looked at his route..and decided it stunk.  So we helped him adjust it a bit.  Then we invited him to join us for lunch in Sumpter, another 100 or so miles down the road.  

Unable to resist riding with such a great group of dudes...he came along.
tounge.gif

His (Joe's) bike;
0801UkiahSumpter009.jpg

0801UkiahSumpter010.jpg

0801UkiahSumpter015.jpg

Joe had all the cool stuff... he is an I.T. guy, so he had all the cool gadgets.  Including the new Daniese bluetooth helmet.   He said it worked very well.

The locals in Starkey, Or.  wanted our picture....so we obliged.   Don't think the camera broke.....
0801UkiahSumpter016.jpg

Here we are in Sumpter eating lunch (he insisted on picking up the tab....very cool).   Ok...no smartazz comments about my lack of hair or reading glasses ok???
laugh.gif

0801UkiahSumpter008.jpg

Time for Joe to continue east, and for us to head north...  It was great to meet him..
0801UkiahSumpter051.jpg

Those of you that have not had the pleasure of riding in North east Oregon need to.  It is fantastic.  Even where previous forest fires have ravaged the land, it is still beautifull.    (and you can see thru all the corners!!!!)  While at home it was at the century mark, we were enjoying high 70's and low 80's in the Blue Mountains.
View attachment 1152653
View attachment 1152654
View attachment 1152655
View attachment 1152656

Then we decided to have a little fun.   There is a stretch of road about 10 or 15 miles long,  that is back to back 35 mph marked curves...pavement is smooth, corners banked just right....nirvana!

So we played for awhile...down then back, then down again....etc.

We even took a few shots of our fun;

To give these pics some perspective, we were doing about 75-80 in most of these pics...

Cecil on his 1K
View attachment 1152663
Edgar on his 1K
View attachment 1152664

And me...proving again, that a fat bike with a fat rider still can turn!
View attachment 1152665
View attachment 1152666
View attachment 1152667

Dang Oregon backroads sure are tough on tires tho....here's my PP mid trip.  In this pic it has about 1280 miles on it.   Checked it again when I got home...3/32nds to all three wearbars.  ie;  half done.
crazy.gif

View attachment 1152669

The last stop before home...still 100 or so miles out.
View attachment 1152670

All in all...one fantastic day.  No tickets, no get-offs, met a cool dude from Cali...and my speedohealer says I never exceeded 110 mph.  Shoot...that's only double the limit!
What a day.

Nice pics, sounds like you all had a great time and helped a fellow rider, nothing could be better than that. Stay safe & keep the rubber side down.

(big coop @ Aug. 02 2007,05:03) Nice pics, sounds like you all had a great time and helped a fellow rider, nothing could be better than that. Stay safe & keep the rubber side down.
That was the coolest part of the day for me....we saved him from some real boring roads!!

Back