Blaze thru Oregon 3

mjn

Hillbilly Deluxe
Donating Member
Registered
Well, this is the 6th year for this annual ride.  The last three years have been in Oregon...hence the title.

I was lucky enough to spend 2.5 days with a fantastic group of friends and riders (18 of us this year).

The mileage was a bit less than previous years due to the heat.  Round trip from my house ended up somewhere around 750 miles.

Here are a few shots for y'all;

Quick break at Lyons Ferry park, Wa.

08ride14.jpg

Buford Grade, just south of the Wa/Or border...nice lookin road huh??
winkold.gif

08ride52.jpg

A few shots of our short break at the Hells Canyon overlook..
08ride25.jpg

From left;  Scootergirl, Scooterrash, BABUSA, Buz, and yours truly;
08ride29.jpg

Sweet line-up of bikes....particularly the one in the front!!
08ride57.jpg

Hmmm Gas Gas Gas, brakes are optional!! can hear that all the way from here...
smile.gif
looks like a fun ride..

Scooterrash...messin' around like usual..  
laugh.gif

08ride35.jpg

Scooterrash mid corner....  sorry we don't have any real hard chargin' pics...  when we were in the real fun stuff, we didn't stop  
laugh.gif

08ride23.jpg

Our buddy Brian on the cleanest ZX12R you'll ever see....and he's put 41K on it so far...
08ride24.jpg

Me....could have been a good pic, except I caught up to a car just as we reached the "photo" area..
08ride17.jpg

Me again..
08ride16.jpg

Another few pics of Hells Canyon..
08Ride004.jpg

08Ride003.jpg

BABUSA headed for the john...
08Ride002.jpg

Rich pretty much sums up our thoughts...
08ride61.jpg

Two of the coolest people you'll ever meet, or get to ride with..
08Ride010.jpg

laugh.gif

Jeff and Heather brought along a pair of SuperDukes....   Wow.  Seriously cool bikes!
08Ride009.jpg

08Ride008.jpg

Lettin' the adrenaline subside just south of Ukiah, Oregon..
08Ride006.jpg

Only thing bad about the backwoods roads in Oregon...they're darn tough on tires.  Here's my Qualifer, with 1200 miles on it..
08Ride011.jpg

At my place for the after-ride party..
08ride38.jpg

Doesn't get any better than this.

My buddy Rich (BABUSA) rode up from Santa Clara in basically 2 days travel time...then, after an intense three days in Oregon, he climbed back on and proceeded to go 640 miles the next day...ended up in Redding.
bowdown.gif
He made it home mid day wednsday.. with a very sore backside, I'm sure.
laugh.gif

Glad you made it home safely buddy.  Thanks again for comin up.

Brendan...we missed ya man!  See you at the Ranch next year!

We had 4 Busas along this year, mine was the only first gen bike,
BABUSA on his '08
Stagerulz on his '08
and Truwrecks on his '08

I'll wager those guys will have a few shots to add as well.

Wowser! Sounds like a great time, and some great shots to boot. Been thinking of hitting some of those areas once I get some time off

cool ride and thanks for the pics! i love riding in Oregon, a friend of mine in Merlin near Grants pass rides a busa so i head that way sometimes
beerchug.gif

The whole trip was a blast! Tufbusa and I logged about 1500 miles and had a GREAT time with everyone. Finally got to meet Doug (Truwrecks) in person and ride with some other great folks. It was a little hotter than expected but we made it through and enjoyed every minute.

I didn't take any pictures but I'm sure there will be more to come from the others!

Great post, great pics, from a great state...you guys seem pretty great. Doyle

Was a great fun ride. However, my skinny arse was happy to see my sofa after 1500 miles of play time.

I'm not trying to swell has big arse head but MJN may very well be the best Busa rider in the entire Northwest? When Mark twists the throttle on the bad boy through the twisties, you best have big Kahoona's on board or you'll be left in the dust.

Was a great fun ride. However, my skinny arse was happy to see my sofa after 1500 miles of play time.

I'm not trying to swell has big arse head but MJN may very well be the best Busa rider in the entire Northwest? When Mark twists the throttle on the bad boy through the twisties, you best have big Kahoona's on board or you'll be left in the dust.
What a crock of sh#*t

You know full well that you could've caught and passed me if you wanted to...  If Rich hadn't had 10+ pounds of Vodka sloshin' around in his saddlebags...he'd have been right on my butt too!

I had a blast.  I broke loose from my assigned group a few times.  I didn't get many action shots, but I did get a few.

First stop before the groups split off.
FirstStop_Oregon08.jpg

Hells Canyon overlook before the "Fast" groups got there.
HellsCanyonOverlook1.jpg

Some corner shots:
Don.jpg

Rod.jpg

SteveA.jpg

SteveB.jpg

Hate to tell you this bruddah...but you're wearin' MY LID.......didn't anyone tell you
rock.gif
?......take it back....
super.gif

Helluva ride.....

Great shots Mark. I soo missed not being there this year! I'll be there next yr. bro! Ooh, and I reconigse that back porch anywhere.
beerchug.gif

My buddy Rich (BABUSA) rode up from Santa Clara in basically 2 days travel time...then, after an intense three days in Oregon, he climbed back on and proceeded to go 640 miles the next day...ended up in Redding.
bowdown.gif
  He made it home mid day wednsday..  with a very sore backside, I'm sure.
laugh.gif

BABUSA on his '08
Stagerulz on his '08
and Truwrecks on his '08

That's just a sprint for Rich
beerchug.gif

bowdown.gif
  He made it home mid day wednsday..  with a very sore backside, I'm sure.
laugh.gif

BABUSA on his '08
Stagerulz on his '08
and Truwrecks on his '08

That's just a sprint for Rich
beerchug.gif
yea, no doubt!

That was nothing compared to the 835+ day on the way back from the Bash...

Mark, where's the glove pics?  
argue.gif

How do you guys pack for overnight trips? Tank bag? Back pack?

Back