Ordering a couple things tomorrow but...

HMan

Registered
I'm ordering my Corbin seat and SW Motech racks with Givi bags tomorrow. There are a couple of other things I need to get some info on though.

Brakes. I'm looking to improve my braking without breaking the bank. Any ideas? Whatever I do has to be long lasting and can't run a fortune but DOES need to improve the Busa's less than stellar braking levels.

Another thing I need to know is if there is a "best price" somewhere for Helibars. I'm ready to order them as well. Also, if you've installed them, are there any special tools needed and approximatly how long does it take to install them?

I won't even get started on tires but those are coming as well.

Last, windscreen. Where is the best place to order the Zero Gravity Double Bubble with the higher rise for sport touring?

For the brakes I would suggest the EBC HH pads and upgrade your lines to Stainless Steel Braided lines. I did this on mine and after the pads where broke in it made a huge difference. This will set you back around 200.00 for the lines and the pads if I remember correctly.

Don't know about the Bags or Bars but your best bet for breaks would be some aftermarket Break LINES! A set of lines, good set of pads and that's about it for the money.

Some will say aftermarket Break Calipers and Rotors but I don't think it's worth it for the money. Most of those big Break Race systems aren't any better than stock on the street. You have to get the pads pretty warm before they start really SLOWING you down that it's not a good choice on the street. Unless you ride like a bat out of hell everywhere!?!?

Good set of Pads and BRAIDED LINES is your best bet!

Don't know about the Bags or Bars but your best bet for breaks would be some aftermarket Break LINES!  A set of lines, good set of pads and that's about it for the money.

Some will say aftermarket Break Calipers and Rotors but I don't think it's worth it for the money.  Most of those big Break Race systems aren't any better than stock on the street.  You have to get the pads pretty warm before they start really SLOWING you down that it's not a good choice on the street.  Unless you ride like a bat out of hell everywhere!?!?

Good set of Pads and BRAIDED LINES is your best bet!
Hey, I was just up your way last weekend and will be again here before long.

Anyway, I think I'm going to follow up on Loboboy's name drops there and check out the pads he mentioned.

If I can seriously improve the Busa's brakes for $200.00 I'm all over it.

Hman, I talked to a guy at capefear.com they have a Puig touring windscreen that Someone ordered but didn't buy he said would sell it at a reduced price. I orded A double bubble from them. Buddy has one on his gixxer 1000 they are A real good looking screen might want to check them out..Again, capefearmotorcycles.com Good Luck..DR.
beerchug.gif

Hman,  I talked to a guy at capefear.com they have a Puig touring windscreen that Someone ordered but didn't buy he said would sell it at a reduced price. I orded A double bubble from them. Buddy has one on his gixxer 1000 they are A real good looking screen might want to check them out..Again,     capefearmotorcycles.com      Good Luck..DR.
beerchug.gif
What is this other windscreen you speak of? Something I should consider instead of the DB or are you saying I might get a good price on the DB from them?

H-Man It is a puig touring windscreen, it is higher then a double bubble. I know he will give a good price on this one because the person did not pick it up that ordered it.. They also have the double bubble but check there website and call them.. Because alot of the items are not listed on the website and they will be able to help you more. Puig is a very good quality screen highly recommended by me. Thanks DR.
beerchug.gif

H-Man call me If u like..DR. 309-269-1568 leaving town be back on friday IWE drive semi. Feel free to call
beerchug.gif

Hman.....brakes....B4 U spend a nickle , compare them to someone elses . You might just be happy with a fully functioning set of stock ones . My bud rides , he has the exact same brakes . Six-pot Tokico's with the same size bore master with the stock lines.....bla blah blah .

His brakes shid . My brakes awesome . maintainance too his brakes...now awesome too .

Reverse bleed them , use a Mighty-Vac on 'em , or whatever school of thought you belong too....skim a layer off yer glazed pads....etc etc

POINT: chec 'em , its free , and you might be happier with them . Thicker in the wallet too.....

hav a good 1.....RSD.

Check these two links for the best prices I've seen so far:

ZG windscreen:

Brake accessories: Newport Cycle Parts

Good luck and I really believe the EBC pads and stainless lines will help. I've done it and the price was right on the pocketbook. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million bucks.

Brian

Back