Brakes should be here tomorrow

oreo

Registered
He guys just thought I would let you know I finally got some brakes on the way they should be here tomorrow :cheerleader::cheerleader:.... I ordered them from sixity off ebay $40 for the fronts and backs I just hope they hold up :please: and it doesn't end up biting me in the butt you know the you pay for what you get saying... but i've heard some good posts on here about them so we'll see I'm taking her apart right now so when they get here she'll be ready to put them on

What kind of pads did you get? Our sponsor Cyclebrakes has EBC pads for 36.00. The only reason I ask is because you said you "hope they hold up". Scares me a little. You shouldnt have to worry about your brakes.

What kind of pads did you get? Our sponsor Cyclebrakes has EBC pads for 36.00. The only reason I ask is because you said you "hope they hold up". Scares me a little. You shouldnt have to worry about your brakes.

Ha! They were $30. Ordered two sets, Gen II and the RC. They were supposed to be here the 24th, but UPS saw fit to send them 350 miles north to Eureka first. :banghead: Should be here Monday if UPS doesn't send them outta state. :whistle: Those pads are going to have a lot of miles on them when they get here. :laugh:

their sinister suppose to be compared to the HH's... Ok they came in here's a pic... but now I have another problem I've changed out the rear set so far and went to test them and well it no squeezey so pulled the tail off to check fluid since I haven't used them in for ever and it was out so I filled it up bleed them and still no squeezey ??? any ideas

IMG00331-20110326-1401.jpg

The pads will be fine. Hes just saying that :laugh:

I have been running eBay ceramic pads for over 500 miles now and i love them. Definitely improvement over stock by far and no noise with the ceramic pads

their sinister suppose to be compared to the HH's... Ok they came in here's a pic... but now I have another problem I've changed out the rear set so far and went to test them and well it no squeezey so pulled the tail off to check fluid since I haven't used them in for ever and it was out so I filled it up bleed them and still no squeezey ??? any ideas

You do know there are two nipples to bleed on the rear correct? Make sure they are tightened when done so fluid doesnt squirt out.... I would check your fluid again... I just changed my rotors today and tightened down my lines on the calipers just to make sure all is good

I bled both of them but maybe I need to bled it some more i'm going to try it again after I finish the fronts

Something mustve happened cause just changing the pads shouldnt have drained your brake fluid.... ???

Something mustve happened cause just changing the pads shouldnt have drained your brake fluid.... ???

Yea I know that Im not that retarded :lol: but I'm not sure where it went though I didn't notice anywhere it could be leaking at I figured after I got it all up and going and them bedded in I could look to see if maybe it was the caliper messed up or leaking somewhere else

I didn't squeeze the brakes with them off because I knew that doing that I would have to get the calipers back in to get them on my bike... but still no luck on getting them bleed right on the back going to wait till tomorrow and apparently my whole system has been jacked up only one side of my fronts move when I squeeze them so this ought to prove to be interesting figuring this stuff out... going to see if someone has a bleeder or vacuum and hopefully thats all my problem is

Priority one should be to find where and HOW your fluid leaked out of rear.
You have no idea how close you may have come to disaster when the fluid left your bike?
There is no trail of dirty dried fluid on any parts in that area?

Priority one should be to find where and HOW your fluid leaked out of rear.
You have no idea how close you may have come to disaster when the fluid left your bike?
There is no trail of dirty dried fluid on any parts in that area?

I didn't find any anywhere but I've got them all bleed out and going to bed them in tomorrow and then check for leaks again... but I do know what you mean it could have got ugly real fast

Back