Front brake rotors

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
I had my front brake rotors powder coated red and the floater buttons done in black. When they did them they didnt take them apart so what I ended up with is the brake surface doesnt float seperate from the carrier. I shakes when you put on the brakes and because the rotor doesnt run true it pushes the pads back into the caliper and the next time you put on the brake the lever almost goes to the bar. This sucks now and then like when you want to stop. So does anybody know if you can take them apart and where can you get the floater buttons to put them back together? Got three hundred bucks in them hate to just scrap them.

That bites Hook!

To my understanding disassembly/reassembly is not a DIY project.  I may be wrong.

Does Suzy sell the rivets/buttons?

Also, depending on the quality / integrety of the company that did the coating, the may be liable for screwing up your rotors. Did they say anything about, "this may not be a good idea because..."?

If they said they coudl do it and the rotors would be functional, I'd have a talk with them.

Good luck and keep us posted.

<!--EDIT|Mikey D
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082097716 -->

I somehow lost one of those rivet thingy and had to replace the whole rotor. The dealer said the only way is to replace the rotor. Luckily, I was covered under warranty. I hate to believe that u have to replace a whole rotor just for 1 rivet.

I am sorry to hear about your dilemma...but it does sound like a good opportunity to go with the brembo brake kit!

Just keep in mind the rotating components you have down there. Don't take any chances. A small monetary loss is far better than hurting yourself or the rest of the bike.

Somebody has to have these things but will they sell them to you that my be the tough part. I am on that aftermarket brake thing. YIKES have you checked the prices on that stuff?

Back