SW Motech side Rack using seat cowling ???

Nibzy

Registered
Hi Guys

I'm looking to buy the SW Motech side rack for my Givi v35 hard luggage, but I am concerned by lack of pics on the internet, that you can use the seat cowling when the side rack (only) is installed !!! I've spoke to a few dealers and SW motech & they seem to think that it will fit no problem on my 2010Hayabusa. Could anyone who has installed this already on there Busa, show me some pics of how it looks ?? Or put me out of my misery with my concerns that you can't actually do it, only the passenger seat will fit !!!!

Many thanks

Nibzy...

200MPH

I'm pretty sure you can't just use the side racks without using the top rack since they bolt to it. That being said, you'd have to do the grab bar mod and then some to be able to use the SWMotech top rack with your cowl..

You do not need the top rack. Here is an exploded drawing of how it installs:

hayabusa-2.jpg

As you can see the grab handles stay in place when you only install the sideracks. If the seat cowl uses any of the same bolt holes it may be an issue. I don't have a Busa so I'm going to have to rely on you guys to tell me.

On the bike:

phpX53dZ5.jpg

I'm out of the office today but I will try to get you a shot of the sidecarriers ONLY on the bike. This photo shows it with the SW-MOTECH toprack as well. If we figure this out I will add the info to the product page so other Hayabusa guys will have the info. Sorry for the lack of firm answers.

Kevin from Twisted Throttle
(North American Importer of SW-MOTECH)

I'm still waiting to see the bags on the bike :whistle:

:laugh:

I'm leaning toward going this way as opposed to buying a Concours..

From the research I have done you can use the side racks independently of the top rack as also indicated by the drawing above.

The instructions direct you to unplug the harness from the stock turn signals. And only supply power to the turn signals provided with the rack system. I split the tail light harness. So now both sets of turn signals work together.

A bigger problem for me is the connection at the license plate. I don't have a plate holder like this anymore.

i

It is intended to be used with the grab bar and pax seat. However, as mentioned it will work with the hump as long as you cut it and do the mod to use the grab bar with it. The upper aft part attatches to the bar bolt.
As far as the plate light. I have my plate mounted up high and the brackets on the rack are just empty. They do bolt together for stiffness, which is why I did not cut it off to clean it up.
Love mine btw.
Troy

image.jpeg

Back