Opinions on Ferguson MO

not society. ur own race has programmed ppl to think that. even black ppl. what do u think an older black woman does wen a black man dressed like a thug gets onto an elevator with her? u think she's scared? why? she's black too. the fact is most black ppl who are robbed or shot are victims of OTHER black ppl so stop trying to paint the picture that its a white problem. its not. its a black problem. she grabs her purse tightly. you think she cares that he's black? she doesn't. but she too is black and she too knows that statistically its more likely her purse will be takn by him then anyone else. so is she a racist or a realist! and why do u think security guards in dept stores tend to follow black females more closely then white females? pretty simple, most of women gettn arrested for shop lifting are black females so again is it racism or reality! u can whine about all the reasons blacks are treated differently but wen blacks stop acting differently then maybe they will be treated differently.
I agreed to that 1000 posts ago. Where were you? The issues again is not that blacks are charged and convicted my issue is the disparate treatment and sentencing that they receive. So please keep on telling me how blacks are the problem and I'll say you are correct. But I'll also tell you that the way they are treated by the police is not equitable. And then you'll call me a name or tell me to take my head out of my azz but what you haven't done is say that I'm wrong.

Questions on Ferguson MO?

I am not going to take the time to read all of the posts in this thread so this may have been posted before...

Would any of the following have happened if the color of the deceased and the officer were reversed? :::

Would the news media have carried this story 24/7?

Would this story have even made it past the local news?

Would riots have taken place?

Would protests have taken place?

Would a police officer have lost his career, because he did his job as trained? An officer who by all accounts was one of the good ones.

Would there have been 3 autopsies with the same conclusions?

Would this thread have reached 20+ pages?

I for one think it is pathetic that we as people are still seeing in color in 2014! People should be judged by their actions NOT the color of their skin!

I'm out, carry on with the silliness!

WHY IS THIS SUBJECT EVEN HERE IN THE FORUM? I THINK SOME SUBJECTS NEED TO BE LEFT OUT OF HERE ESPECIALLY WHEN IT DEALS WITH RACE, RACISM, COLOR IN ANY TYPE OF WAY. NO MATTER HOW YOU SLICE IT, PEOPLE/MEMBERS ON THIS FORUM OF EVERY COLOR WILL RESPOND WITH BIAS, HATE AND RACISM…NOT ALL BUT SOME. I HAVENT BEEN ON THE SITE IN A WHILE BECAUSE HONESTLY WHEN IT COMES TO BEING A GOOD BIKE FORUM THIS SITE HAS BEEN DRY IN MY OPINION, I KNOW PLENTY OF GUYS OUT HERE WHO RIDE THAT FEEL THE SAME. JUST MENTION HAYABUSA.ORG AND THE RESPONSE IS BASICALLY ITS NOT WHAT IT USED TO BE. IN SAYING THAT, I CHECKED IN ON THE SITE A WEEK AGO AND SAW THIS TOPIC IN THE HIGHLIGHT SECTION…COME BACK A WEEK LATER STILL FRONTPAGE! YOU CAN POST AN OPEN QUESTION ABOUT YOUR BIKE OR POST A PIC, SOMETHING FOR SALE/TRADE AND YOULL HEAR BIRDS CHIRPING, TUMBLEWEEDS ROLLING. POST UP THIS NON BIKE RELATED FOX NEWS TRASH SUBJECT AND THE PEOPLE OF WHOVILLE COME CRAWLING OUT THE WOODWORKS. AND YEAH I HAVE OPINIONS ON THE SUBJECT BUT I WONT POST THEM UP HERE BECAUSE ITS NOT THE PLACE FOR IT NOR DO I COME TO A HAYABUSA FORUM TO HAVE DEBATES THAT SHOULD BE LEFT TO CNN, FOX NEWS WEBSITES. SOMEBODY PLEASE DELETE THIS THREAD AND KEEP IT ON 2 WHEELS…HOW DO I START UP A NEW FORUM…SERIOUSLY. :unhappy:

Well with all of your 158 posts thank you for your opinion. I think I have added some good and useful things to this site, I've donated bike parts and participated in events. I'm sure you'll do more than sell parts if you decide this is the place for you. I'm not one of those guys who just let's comments go by just to get along with the crowd. Some of the stuff that gets said here is pretty amazing and I think a lot of us on this site feel a bit uncomfortable - I just have a big mouth. I have had some people say I'm causing these flares, but I'm just not the type to let people say stuff unchallenged. Anyway, think you for your opinion, I'll file it under "everyone's got one".

yes white ppl commit crimes as well. we all know that but wen ppl go out at night they are far less concerned with the guy embezeling millions vs. the guy that cud that their life so its VIOLENT crimes that get ppl's attention so yes violent crimes will be sentenced more harshly.

maybe if less black ppl commit violent crimes black ppl wudnt have to be sentenced in the first place. ur focusing on the punishment end. how bout focusing on how to stop it altogether? and you keep saying black ppl are treated differently by the police. how do YOU know that? u say uve never been in any trouble so how wud YOU know?

blk ppl are committing most of the violent crimes so naturally the police are going to have more interaction with blk ppl. doesn't that go hand and hand? and sorry bout the name thing.... I'm not gonna say ur wrong with the sentencing thing completely. I believe there is some disparity but that doesn't change the fact that their doing it in the first place.

I agreed to that 1000 posts ago. Where were you? The issues again is not that blacks are charged and convicted my issue is the disparate treatment and sentencing that they receive. So please keep on telling me how blacks are the problem and I'll say you are correct. But I'll also tell you that the way they are treated by the police is not equitable. And then you'll call me a name or tell me to take my head out of my azz but what you haven't done is say that I'm wrong.

yes white ppl commit crimes as well. we all know that but wen ppl go out at night they are far less concerned with the guy embezeling millions vs. the guy that cud that their life so its VIOLENT crimes that get ppl's attention so yes violent crimes will be sentenced more harshly.

maybe if less black ppl commit violent crimes black ppl wudnt have to be sentenced in the first place. ur focusing on the punishment end. how bout focusing on how to stop it altogether? and you keep saying black ppl are treated differently by the police. how do YOU know that? u say uve never been in any trouble so how wud YOU know?

blk ppl are committing most of the violent crimes so naturally the police are going to have more interaction with blk ppl. doesn't that go hand and hand? and sorry bout the name thing.... I'm not gonna say ur wrong with the sentencing thing completely. I believe there is some disparity but that doesn't change the fact that their doing it in the first place.

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/cjis/ucr/crime-in-the-u.s/2011/crime-in-the-u.s.-2011/tables/table-43
Whites greatly overestimate the share of crimes committed by black people - The Washington Post

Black people do not feel sorry for ourselves. We just understand the cold truth of our consequences. Just as I can't understand the climate in South Africa, you can't understand the plight of a black man in America.

Do I read a contradiction in the last three words of your first sentence and the last seven words of your second sentence? :whistle:

First, I know you are South African and maybe they do things different but here in the US I would not start a conversation on race with "my best friend is black". :laugh: That alone says you are clueless. The big difference in SA and here is that the blacks in SA were in the majority and the Africaners were going to either change or face some dire consequences.

Second what you are saying is laughably silly. Cop stopping you because you are speeding compares to a cop stopping me because I'm black in a segregated neighborhood? What happened to you do the crime and you get what's coming to you?

Explain the clueless part, because I don't get it? You have a problem with me being friends with an African American? If we take the color out of the discussion, I am also an African American, that being a fact.

You spelled Afrikaners wrong, also an indication that you are not well informed on this subject, being a long separate discussion in itself.

Although we both live in North America, I live in a totally different America than you do, simply because I do not judge people based on color and crossed that barrier a long time ago, through good parents and a good education.

The circumstances being that I am a black male. i'm 6ft 245lbs and i look like a linebacker and I sound like the allstate commercial guy. I can be intimidating if i wanted to but I am intimidating because of the color of my skin. I see it almost everyday. I work in corporate America. i wear a suit and tie and dress pretty dam sharp,if i do say so myself, but when im done I have on baggy jeans, not sagging, tshirt and boots. The same people that look at me and smile during the week are twitchy until they realize its me. I go to company picnics and I see people whispering and giving me the side eye. But its okay. I get it. society has programmed some people to fear the black man. So in the same scenario that you present, unless that was a predomintaely black neighbrohood that you live in, then i do believe the police officers senses would be elevated. again, this is just my opinion.

If we follow the Darwin theories of evolution and we manage not to blow up this little planet we live on in thousands of years to come, I believe we will all have the same pigmentation, or color one day. I hope you don't wait until then, before coming around. :laugh:

Do I read a contradiction in the last three words of your first sentence and the last seven words of your second sentence? :whistle:
Since I'm not on this thread anymore I'mnot going to go bck and forth anymore. But since you dont understand what plight means iwill help you. Plight; A situation, especially a bad or unfortunate one. So please help me understand how not feeling sorry for oneself contradicts someone understanding their situation?

I'll wait........

no i wont becasue I'mnot on this post anymore. "Everytime I think Im out, they pull me back in again." or something like that.

If we follow the Darwin theories of evolution and we manage not to blow up this little planet we live on in thousands of years to come, I believe we will all have the same pigmentation, or color one day. I hope you don't wait until then, before coming around. :laugh:
Please explain what it is that I have to do differently? i dont make faces,or get nervous around white people. i dont judge all white people by those that war white hoods over their face. i'm far from that. So what have you heard me say that suggests I need to eveolve? Is it becasue I speak my mind about things that i see? help me understand what I need to do to evolve becasue apparently I am still inferior to white people.

If we take the color out of the discussion, I am also an African American, that being a fact.
I do not refer to myself as African American either. I was born here so I am an American. You are African American. My ethniity is black. two diffeent things. Its amazing how black people are always the ones that have to take coor out of everythig when this entire counrty is based on color. This capitalistsocietythat we have is based on color. Evertything that we do is based on demographics. Where and how we market things, where we live, neighborhhod home values, crime statistics. Employment data, everything. The fact that you have to identify you have a black friend coincides with that. Why is that so important to point out. So maybe it is you that needs to eveolve a bit and stop seeing color.

The circumstances being that I am a black male. i'm 6ft 245lbs and i look like a linebacker and I sound like the allstate commercial guy. I can be intimidating if i wanted to but I am intimidating because of the color of my skin. I see it almost everyday. I work in corporate America. i wear a suit and tie and dress pretty dam sharp,if i do say so myself, but when im done I have on baggy jeans, not sagging, tshirt and boots. The same people that look at me and smile during the week are twitchy until they realize its me. I go to company picnics and I see people whispering and giving me the side eye. But its okay. I get it. society has programmed some people to fear the black man. So in the same scenario that you present, unless that was a predomintaely black neighbrohood that you live in, then i do believe the police officers senses would be elevated. again, this is just my opinion.

That's pretty sad... I understand how you must feel, and sympathize with you that you have to go through such experience day in and day out for no fault of your own. It's like carrying a heavy load all the time, and you cannot get rid of it. I would dislike white people for being treated like that. In general, life is challenging enough for each of us, and this just adds more on top.

One way I would react in similar circumstances would be to keep my emotional load inside, play by the rules of white people, but be myself away from work. Although such approach would boil up emotions inside me.

In a more proactive approach, my thought process would be this. Yes, white people perceive me negatively because of how I look and the color of my skin. But I can try changing this perception with positive impact on every white person I meet by... maybe smiling a lot, be friendly, articulate, respectful, be better than white people in all aspects. The long term impact - when such white people meet another guy looking like you, their associative memory will remind them of you - one of the nicest guys they ever met. As a result, when they talk with other white people about race issues, they can say to others: "Most black people are good and decent. I know a black guy at work who is the nicest person, so don't tell me about black people being all bad, it depends on a person, and not on skin color".

Either way, it's hard, and you have no choice but to carry this emotional load on your shoulders. I sympathize very much, but cannot offer any short term solution.

I do not refer to myself as African American either. I was born here so I am an American. You are African American. My ethniity is black. two diffeent things. Its amazing how black people are always the ones that have to take coor out of everythig when this entire counrty is based on color. This capitalistsocietythat we have is based on color. Evertything that we do is based on demographics. Where and how we market things, where we live, neighborhhod home values, crime statistics. Employment data, everything. The fact that you have to identify you have a black friend coincides with that. Why is that so important to point out. So maybe it is you that needs to eveolve a bit and stop seeing color.

Another contradiction? Your fourth sentence and your last sentence.

My last advice is to visit around the world and see how privileged you are to live here, in comparison.

Anyway, since you said you are gone, bye bye.

Back